superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:20:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I got Superboy Annual #1 ! Yay me!  (Read 3571 times)
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« on: July 01, 2005, 04:11:49 AM »

It happened like this. Somebody listed Superboy Annual 1 on ebay. (There was no Superboy annual 2, this was the only one, mind you.)

They said "I don't know much about comics" and listed it starting at 99 cents. Look at this beauty!

Got it for 5 dollars, and it's supposedly worth a minimum of 250. Can't wait for it to arrive....

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 08:16:24 AM »

Wow! You're very lucky!
5 bucks...!

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 02:02:01 PM »

Of course acciording to anal coding criteria - its in less than mint but who cares youre going to read it and not seal it in Methuselah';s tomb waiting for the Cosmic Graders to reward you.

I buy erm cheap and ratty and as long as the stories are intact Id rather blow $3 on a oldie but goodie than on this modern crap
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 11:38:59 PM »

Agreed. I was actually sitting with my girlfriend yesterday showing her some of my graphic novels. I showed her the Tale of Superman Red and Superman Blue, the Redheaded Beatle from 1,000 BC, and even Superman for all Seasons, and noted that these stories were fun. Then I got further down in my stack to the Death of Superman and World Without a Superman, and noted how not-fun these were.

Older stories (and newer ones only if Loeb writes them) were fun and optimistic. In the Death of Superman the cover has Superman bleeding all over the place, and one of the first pages has Doomsday crushing a cute little bird...not very much fun at all.

So I'm going to sell those graphic novels on eBay, and hopefully buy more fun stuff. I still don't have the Supergirl or Man of Tomorrow Archives.

There are some newer stories that are still good though....like Bizarro Comics. That's the most hilarious graphic novel I've read, probably ever. "It's a Bird..." even though it's one of those serious books that I was talking about, is also good.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 08:49:24 PM »

You're gonna love Darwyn Cooke's New Frontier (Ive only read Part 1 myself) and he has a new SOLO out. And boy is it tops! :lol:

For more fun in modern comics Kyle Baker's Plastic Man cant be beat.  I just picked up a slew of back issues and one had classic Superboy, the Time Trapper and more!  :shock:

I shalll say more cause it spoils the fun.  :wink:  S!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L