superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:15:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joint review of "Miracle Monday"  (Read 4097 times)
NotSuper
Action Ace

« on: July 02, 2005, 07:15:38 PM »

I recently did a joint review of Miracle Monday with fellow reviewer Aaron Thall at the Superman Homepage. If anyone is interested they can find the dual-review here.

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 09:16:33 PM »

LOL  :wink:

Interesting format, pretty funny!
NotSuper
Action Ace

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 09:49:42 PM »

Quote from: "MatterEaterLad"
LOL  :wink:

Interesting format, pretty funny!

It's certainly much different than our usual respective reviews.  Smiley

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 11:12:05 PM »

Well, I like the idea of classic Superman and new Superman fans joking through an explanation and review...beats the squabbling that's so common sometimes...
NotSuper
Action Ace

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 12:21:36 AM »

Quote from: "MatterEaterLad"
Well, I like the idea of classic Superman and new Superman fans joking through an explanation and review...beats the squabbling that's so common sometimes...

He's actually more of a Marvel fan. He'll be the first to tell you that his knowledge about DC is limited.

MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 04:08:48 AM »

Yeah, I did pick that up...

Still, its a fun way to do a review, like a conversation...
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2005, 06:14:56 AM »

Yeah, the dialogue does make it more interesting...

I wanted to point out one thing...the part where you were discussing whether Superman and Lex would ever be friends again. That was actually resolved in "Luthor's Gift," a short story also written by Maggin.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

NotSuper
Action Ace

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2005, 10:23:58 PM »

Quote from: "Gangbuster"
Yeah, the dialogue does make it more interesting...

I wanted to point out one thing...the part where you were discussing whether Superman and Lex would ever be friends again. That was actually resolved in "Luthor's Gift," a short story also written by Maggin.

Yes, that's another good story. But we were talking about it in the context of Miracle Monday.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L