superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:31:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question regarding the comics.  (Read 5529 times)
supermancoldasice
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: July 08, 2005, 10:11:17 PM »

i know somewhat from the movies from the last time i saw them, which has been many years ago.  

i was wondering when clark tells lana lang his secret and what her reaction is.  
also what happens to them after he retures after being killed by doomsday.

i know many people might not like the comment because of the tv show smallville. because it bars far from both the movie and the comic book, but i find it interesting and all of the irony in the show.  although the show has a tendency be on the far fetched side when it comes to people not figuring out hes not from earth.  but then again it was only a pair of glasses that seperated clark kent from superman

also i was wonding what other people felt about the show and if you think that when the new superman movie comes out they will end smallville.
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 10:26:50 PM »

Smallville is based mostly on Superboy comics. In those comics (and the Superman comics that followed) Lana never found out that Clark was Superman. Even though she suspected it at times, Clark always threw her false clues.

In 1986 there was something called Man of Steel, which restarted Superman's origin. It was written by a Marvel writer, so the new Lex looked like the Kingpin, Superman got his powers like the X-men, Lana knew all along, and he was never Superboy. Here's a comparison of Superboy (classic) comics, Man of Steel (newer comics origin), and the Smallville TV show.

Lex Luthor:
Superboy- Lex lost his hair because of an accident in Smallville. He and clark were friends.
Man of Steel- Lex was never in Smallville.
Smallvile: Lex lost his hair because of an accident in Smallville. He and clark were friends.

Superman Comes to Earth:
Superboy: Kents find him as a toddler and adopt him.
Man of Steel: Kents find him being birthed out of a gestation matrix. They lie and say that Clark is their natural child.
Smallville: Kents find him as a toddler and adopt him.

Pete Ross:
Superboy: Pete knew Clark's identity and told noone.
Man of Steel: Pete didn't know.
Smallville: Pete knew Clark's identity and told noone.

Indian Caves:
Superboy: There were Indian caves by Clark's house.
Man of Steel: Huh? who cares
Smallville: Indian caves by Clark's house.

So Smallville doesn't actually deviate very far from the comics...it's just based on the original ones.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

supermancoldasice
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 12:44:09 PM »

so do you think they will stick with the comic story-line and not let lana know.  of could they let her know somewhere in the middle of the last season, or possibly the last episode or something?
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 04:01:35 PM »

She'll probably find out in the last episode.

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 01:20:23 AM »

If Lana found out, everyone in the show would basically know.

So for now, at least, I think they'll stick to her just suspecting it.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 03:45:30 AM »

It's still getting old.

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
supermancoldasice
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 03:22:13 AM »

i think that lana could find out and the show still continue.  they could have clark and lex drift apart.  they could introduce a reacurring villian.  it would be cool if they introduced another superhero like they did the flash.
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2005, 01:53:09 PM »

I haven't watched Smallville, but has Lana gained her bio-ring yet that she uses as Insect Queen?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L