superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes Newton<Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:17:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Theories on 1st Superman Returns teaser  (Read 4538 times)
Krypss
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: July 11, 2005, 07:15:46 PM »

It's apparently coming out in November with showings of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Here's something I found a few months ago...

Anyone else have any theories on what we'll see in this first teaser?

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help." - Ronald Reagan
King Krypton
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 03:14:15 AM »

That image you posted is fan art. It's not part of any trailer.

Not that it matters. The trailer debuted at the SDCC to standing ovations, but only sparked more hatred in the Internet community and sent the hate campaigns against the movie into overdrive. If this movie succeeds, it'll be a miracle.

My first novella, Wounds of the Heart (http://www.booksurge.com/product.php3?bookID=IMPR02655-00001), has been published. Check it out, if you like.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 05:20:05 AM »

newswire:

Superman Trailer Debuts

Bryan Singer, director of the upcoming Superman Returns movie, made a triumphant appearance at Comic-Con International on July 16 in San Diego, debuting a trailer for the film that garnered a standing ovation from many of the more than 6,000 fans in attendance.

Among the surprises in the trailer: the character of Lois Lane (Kate Bosworth) appears to have a child with a character named Richard White, played by X-Men's James Marsden; the voice-over featured the voices of Marlon Brando as Jor-El and Susannah York as Lara, from Richard Donner's 1978 Superman film; and the score will incorporate John Williams' famous theme from Donner's film.

The trailer also showcased Singer's new look for Superman and his universe, one inspired in part by Max Fleischer's animated 1940s cartoons and the original DC Action Comics that spawned the superhero. Singer told the crowd that he shot the movie with a new digital camera that duplicates the look and feel of film, but allows him to create a look that recalls 1940s romantic movies.

The trailer was so well received that Singer asked it to be played twice, recalling a similar reaction to the first trailer for his X2 film at Comic-Con two years before.

The Superman Returns trailer features shots of the Kent farm in Smallville and a scene of Clark Kent (Brandon Routh) and Jimmy Olsen (Sam Huntington) in a bar, with Jack Larson as the bartender (Larson played Jimmy Olsen in the original 1950s TV series, which starred George Reeves). The trailer also features images of a deco-flavored Metropolis and ends with Superman (Routh) zooming from space back to Earth. Superman Returns is still in production, with an eye to a June 30, 2006, release.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 10:34:40 PM »

What this hasnt hit the net yet? What good is the intenet if not for tormenting us with imagery like what you described?!!!! :shock:
Supergrl5013
Superman Family

"Be happy, not crappy"- my personal quote

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 12:07:47 AM »

why in the world is he wearing a black suit? isn't he supposed to wear a blue one?

Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 03:14:23 PM »

He doesn't wear a black suit in the real trailer.

To see some scenes of it, check out the last 65 seconds of video blog #22.

Then celebrate.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L