superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:04:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DC Direct's New Collectibles, Statues, and Figures!  (Read 2844 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: July 17, 2005, 04:49:20 PM »

DC Direct's full line up of figures, statues, 12" figures, and collectibles were on display at the 2005 San Diego Comic Con.

check out the gallery: http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showgallery.php?cat=871

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 02:52:01 AM »

Man, I'd LOVE to get all of the Superman-related maquettes, statues, and busts, but they're gonna be EXPENSIVE.  

I'll learn to be happy with the action figures and cheaper things they put out.  Wink

Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 10:54:00 PM »

Hi,

I'll probably be buying the figure from Superman #1 but, I told my shop owner that it was conditional.  On the link you show - there a big glob of melted plastic that holds him up.  Yet on the preview posters, there's only a little stick of metal holding him and a beautiful golden plate at the bottom.

P.S.  Gernot, borrow money and buy it!  Why?  I'm almost 40 - I've seriously bought a lot of brand new Superman items for the last ten years.  One of the best examples I can give you is the Bottled City of Kandor.   I'd have to go look but I believe there were 5 or 3 thousand made of those.  When I'm 55, I plan to resell a lot of my stuff.  Many young people today will be starting off again as we did and other did before us.  I plan to make a profit  - or at least get my money back.  I take my stuff out of the packages and know that doing so makes it loses some value but still, lots of things I have are already rare today.  

Friend.
http://www.superman4444.com
Remember - a new gallery in honor of Chris Reeve opens on October 10th - be there to keep the flame alive!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L