superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:46:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes Casting Call  (Read 6466 times)
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« on: August 04, 2005, 10:15:04 AM »

Here's a casting call for a potential movie based around the Legion of Super-Heroes:

Saturn Girl = Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars)
Sure, there are lots of pretty blonde teen girls in the world (and thank heaven for that) but you need somebody smart and competent and sweet for Saturn Girl and good lord does that ever narrow things down.  There's Kristen Bell, and tragically, nobody.

Cosmic Boy = Christian Campbell (All My Children, Reefer Madness musical)
Star Boy = Andrew Laurence (Cheaters, Mrs. Doubtfire)
Polar Boy = Jason Marsden (Oh, c'mon, you remember: Dash-X from Eerie, Indiana - he looks astonishingly youthful for a man his age)
Invisible Kid = Gregory Smith (TV's Everwood)
Lightning Lad = Michael Rosenbaum (Lex on Smallville; he's got a great sense of humor, high time he played a good guy)
Mon-El = Paul Telfer (Hercules ABC miniseries)

Timber Wolf = James Franco (Spider-Man 2)
I always imagined Timber Wolf as a good guy, but a James Bond sort of good guy who is inclined to behave badly once in a while.

Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel = Jewel Staite (Firefly, Space Cases)
Shrinking Violet = Mila Kunis (That 70s Show)
Princess Projectra = Meghan Black (Robber Girl in the Hallmark production of the Snow Queen)
Phantom Girl = Tina Majorino (Waterworld, Napoleon Dynamite, and yes, she IS still alive)

Dream Girl = Lacey Chabert (Mean Girls, Lost in Space)
True, she's not a blonde, but that sort of thing comes in a can these days.

The Fatal Five:
Emerald Empress = Parker Posey (Waiting for Guffman, Mighty Wind). If she's not available, possibly Rena Sofer, maybe Vanessa Williams if she's still young enough.
Tharok = Jean Geno (Mission: Impossible, Ronin)
Mano = Michael Hurst (you know - the guy that played Iolaus on Hercules: the Legendary Journeys)
The Persuader = Michael Berryman (horror actor best known for The Hills have Eyes)
Validus = He'd be CGI combined with puppetry, but a good voice can be found in Frank Welker's growling "Dr. Claw" voice from Inspector Gadget (suitably electronically altered for the gigantic Validus, of course)

Other Legion Enemies:
Mordru = Sean Bean (Boromir from Lord of the Rings)
Universo = John Malkovitch

So, what do you think? Who are your choices?

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 03:25:36 AM »

I can't believe you cast a Substitute Legionaire like Polar Boy but no one for Matter Eater Lad... Cheesy
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 03:53:59 AM »

Quote from: "MatterEaterLad"
I can't believe you cast a Substitute Legionaire like Polar Boy but no one for Matter Eater Lad... Cheesy

Egad! What an oversight! Is there egg on my face.  :lol:

Matter Eater Lad = Topher Grace (That 70s Show, Win a Date With Tad Hamilton)

Because you'd need a comedian or somebody with comic timing.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 04:09:38 AM »

Well, I'd say that Element Lad needs to be cast...and Karate Kid, for his dramatic entrance into the legion...Brainiac should be a challenge, though Michael Rosenbuam might be good there too...

And for some weird reason, I think that the late Jack Lord would make a good Lightning Lord...same names?
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 04:39:15 AM »

Well, I'd say that Element Lad needs to be cast...and Karate Kid, for his dramatic entrance into the legion...Brainiac should be a challenge, though Michael Rosenbuam might be good there too...

And for some weird reason, I think that the late Jack Lord would make a good Lightning Lord...same names?

It just occurred to me that if they ever do make a Legion movie, it would be to Caucasians what Roots is to African-Americans. Man, that's a lot of pretty white kids.  Cheesy

As for Supergirl, well, it's a shame Judi Bowker (Andromeda from Clash of the Titans) is now too old to play the character, because she'd be my first choice. Since she is, hmmmm...how about Amanda Seyfried?

Element Lad = Colin Hanks (Orange County) - Element Lad needs an actor that is borderline between sensitive, shy and slightly on the nerdy side.

Shadow Lass = Laura Bertram (Andromeda)
Karate Kid = Adam Brody (the O.C., Mr. and Mrs. Smith)
R.J. Brande = Brian Cox (the Bourne Identity, Super Troopers)

As for Glorith - well, if they're willing to do color-blind casting, I'd love to see her as Aishwarya Rai; she'd make a pretty chilling villainess.

JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 09:07:39 PM »

Be careful with that. I for instance, wouldn't want Lightning Lad to be played by Cheryl Ladd. Or Karate Kid to be played by Nicole Kidman. Or Princess Projectra to be played by Prince.

On a related note, if Ultra Boy and Shrinking Violet had a daughter, would she be named Ultra Violet?

If Curt Swan was Kryptonian, would he be named Sw-El?

Seriously, though, hey...Jordan Ladd. She's not tall enough to play Supergirl, but she may be perfect for a female Legionnaire - maybe the shy, retiring Light Lass?

Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 11:18:46 AM »

Here's a link to a nice WHAT IF about a period SilverAge cast and some thots on current casting (like about 2 years ago)

http://members.shaw.ca/legion_bulletin/casting/

From our firends at the SA LSH.
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 01:04:43 PM »

I just hope that if they ever do a Legion live action film they don't do a Battlestar Galactica and start making male characters female.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L