superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:41:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who can save Superman now? KURT BUSIEK!  (Read 250204 times)
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #256 on: November 19, 2005, 10:54:55 AM »

Quote from: "Kurt Busiek"

Actually, #22 was the last one.  If you have a copy of #23, I want your dimensional gate!  [Of course, in this dimension, what was planned to be #23 wound up as LOCAL HEROES #3, but still...]

Oops!  No WONDER I have trouble trying to locate #23!    :wink:

Though the idea of a transdimensional comic book shop is an appealling one.  Don't like the current "Supergirl"?  Peter David's Linda Danvers just recently celebrated her 100th Issue.  Or check the back issue bins for "The Adventures of Supergirl" (though Silver Age traditionalists still deplore the Byrne "Maid of Steel" reboot that made Kara Zor-El the "Last Daughter of Krypton")...   :wink:

On a more serious note, where during the course of Volume Two should one read the "Supersonic" and "Flip Book" singles?  Thanks again.

DTO
Kurt Busiek
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #257 on: November 19, 2005, 05:53:28 PM »

Quote from: "dto"
On a more serious note, where during the course of Volume Two should one read the "Supersonic" and "Flip Book" singles?  Thanks again.

After it.  "Supersonic" is actually the finale of the "Local Heroes" set o' tales, and the flip book is the prologue to THE DARK AGE.

kdb
Kal-L
Supermen of America

« Reply #258 on: November 21, 2005, 03:07:12 PM »

You're Kurt Busiek? Really? My pleasure.
Let me, please, introduce myself, I am Stan Lee...

Up, up, up and away!
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #259 on: November 21, 2005, 03:16:11 PM »

Hey, you just got compared to Stan Lee...

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Kurt Busiek
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #260 on: November 21, 2005, 05:59:55 PM »

Quote from: "Kal-L"
You're Kurt Busiek? Really? My pleasure.
Let me, please, introduce myself, I am Stan Lee...

Hi, Stan, haven't seen you in a while.  Finding all your underwear okay?*

kdb

*for those now confused (.e., everyone but me), I first met Stan in the underwear section of a department store in San Diego in 1989.  Both of us were attending the San Diego Con and had underpacked...
Kal-L
Supermen of America

« Reply #261 on: November 22, 2005, 10:31:55 AM »

Hi, Stan, haven't seen you in a while. Finding all your underwear okay?*

Found them allright, thank you. But now, because of my old age, I wear nappies...

BTW, who changed my avatar?

Up, up, up and away!
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #262 on: November 22, 2005, 08:49:50 PM »

Aww, c'mon.  Kal-L is a Brit while the real Stan Lee is a NYC native.  He just doesn't believe you really are Kurt Busiek.  Well, that's his business.

Kurt, here's some loaded -- albeit typical -- questions.  Just how strong would you write Superman as being?  Should he have limits?

Before you answer, let me paraphrase Walt Simonson's answer to this: He's as strong he needs him to be for the story he's writing.

Does Walt's answer jibe with your own take on this?

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Kurt Busiek
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #263 on: November 22, 2005, 09:34:37 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Kal"
Kurt, here's some loaded -- albeit typical -- questions.  Just how strong would you write Superman as being?  Should he have limits?

Before you answer, let me paraphrase Walt Simonson's answer to this: He's as strong he needs him to be for the story he's writing.

Does Walt's answer jibe with your own take on this?

Pretty much.  I hate stat lists with a passion.

My answers are, "I'd write him as wicked strong," and "Sure, but I don't think the audience should know them in anything more than a general sense.  Even real people have good days and bad days, and if their limits fluctuate, why shouldn't Superman's?"

kdb
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L