superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:22:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who can save Superman now? KURT BUSIEK!  (Read 250128 times)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #264 on: November 22, 2005, 10:35:29 PM »

Stan Lee is a Brit?
Oh well...
A Leiber by any other name....... :roll:
Kal-L
Supermen of America

« Reply #265 on: November 23, 2005, 12:50:24 PM »

Aww, c'mon. Kal-L is a Brit while the real Stan Lee is a NYC native. He just doesn't believe you really are Kurt Busiek. Well, that's his business.

No, I don't believe it. The real Kurt Busiek wouldn't waste time taking part in a forum, he's got plenty of other things to do...

In my turn, I might make you believe  I am Moebius (aka Giraud) who's drawn Silver Surfer, and put a link to his site.

Up, up, up and away!
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #266 on: November 23, 2005, 12:56:20 PM »

Quote from: "Kal-L"
Aww, c'mon. Kal-L is a Brit while the real Stan Lee is a NYC native. He just doesn't believe you really are Kurt Busiek. Well, that's his business.

You mean he's not the real Kal-L?  :wink:

Actually, I thought Kal was French.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Nephrite
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #267 on: November 23, 2005, 01:30:05 PM »

Latest Wizard reports that Geoff Johns & Kurt Busiek are doing an 8-part Superman story post-IC running through Action & Superman.
Art by Pete Woods.

"Pain don't hurt." - Patrick Swayze
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #268 on: November 23, 2005, 03:56:56 PM »

Actually, a lot of comics professionals frequent the internet forums.

I know Kurt from his days at Alvaro's where a lot of pros hang out.  They like it there.  Same goes for Walt Simonson and Mike Wieringo to name a few others from there.

CBR just recently had a chat session with Elliot Maggin.

We have interviews from several pros at a forum that I'm now boycotting for other reasons.

But believe what you want.  What Kurt says here jibes with what he's said on the other forums and with his history with certain individuals elsewhere who shall remain nameless for now.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #269 on: November 23, 2005, 04:18:19 PM »

Yeah CK and the others are right, it's not uncommon for pros to talk to their audience in this global village of ours.

OTOH, this is the first time I've rung in on this thread since the first page so I just wanna say Mr. B I'm a huge fan. Secret Identity is one of my all time favorite books, absolutely loved it.

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
Kal-L
Supermen of America

« Reply #270 on: November 24, 2005, 11:25:26 AM »

It's easy to fool people on internet. I already been caught with more credible tall stories. If the alleged Kurt Busiek of this forum is actually Kurt Busiek, he'll have to prove it...

Up, up, up and away!
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #271 on: November 24, 2005, 11:42:00 AM »

Why should he?

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L