superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:35:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who can save Superman now? KURT BUSIEK!  (Read 252194 times)
Kal-L
Supermen of America

« Reply #272 on: November 24, 2005, 11:46:30 AM »

Because it is too easy to claim being someone when hidden behind a comp screen.
Moreover, it is illegal to usurp someone else's identity.

Up, up, up and away!
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #273 on: November 24, 2005, 02:05:58 PM »

Regardless...

looks like our pal Kurt'll be writing one of the OYL Superman titles. Cheesy
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #274 on: November 24, 2005, 03:16:21 PM »

He is the real deal as far as I can tell, he has yet to post anything that would make me think otherwise.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #275 on: November 24, 2005, 05:25:58 PM »

Yep, as I said earlier, what he's said here is consistent with his history elsewhere on other forums, his personal history and relationships, and official interviews and books.

The problem with lying is it takes a lot of effort to keep track of all those lies to maintain a consistent front.  While it's not impossible, liars tend to trip up on consistency issues sooner or later.

Also, the internet has no laws on impersonating people to my knowledge.  It's a largely unregulated medium mostly owing to the cross-border nature of the beast.  Identity theft is a problem but even where those laws apply, it's about financial gain and I've yet to see any attempts to make money off this poster being 'Kurt Busiek' unless it were to make us buy Busiek's books, which only benefits the real Kurt Busiek.

Local forums may have policies against impersonating others, but those are hardly legal matters.  As Super Monkey said, our moderator is satisfied this is not an impersonation so that satisfies our local rules.

Even if he weren't the real deal, the person posting as Kurt Busiek here is a fascinating and well-thought out individual who's fun to talk to.  His POV is worthwhile discussing regardless if he chose to post under a pseudonym like ... oh ... Kal-L.  He certainly hasn't made any big reference or spelling blunders as some posters have innocently made, no names mentioned.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Kurt Busiek
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #276 on: November 24, 2005, 05:48:57 PM »

It doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me if someone thinks I'm me or an impostor, but if it'll satisfy...

Page 8, panel 4 of CONAN #23, out next month, begins "The voice had been like dust.  And ice.  And rot."

The book isn't printed yet, so if anyone wants to check that when it comes out, that'll make it clear I'm either me, or possibly another part of the CONAN staff, pretending to be me for unknown reasons.  But not Joe Shlbotnik from Somewhereelseville, USA, at least.

kdb
ANIME Avenger
Superman Fan

« Reply #277 on: November 24, 2005, 05:56:26 PM »

WOW! True honour to meet you here, Mr. Busiek sir! Cheesy

AA

LOOK! up in the SKY!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #278 on: November 24, 2005, 07:44:09 PM »

Quote from: "Kurt Busiek"
It doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me if someone thinks I'm me or an impostor, but if it'll satisfy...

Page 8, panel 4 of CONAN #23, out next month, begins "The voice had been like dust.  And ice.  And rot."

The book isn't printed yet, so if anyone wants to check that when it comes out, that'll make it clear I'm either me, or possibly another part of the CONAN staff, pretending to be me for unknown reasons.  But not Joe Shlbotnik from Somewhereelseville, USA, at least.

kdb

I'll bet he will post something like "lucky guess" once it is released Wink

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Kurt Busiek
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #279 on: November 24, 2005, 07:50:29 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
I'll bet he will post something like "lucky guess" once it is released Wink

If I'm that lucky, put your money on whatever I bet on...

kdb
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L