superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:52:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who can save Superman now? KURT BUSIEK!  (Read 250199 times)
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #280 on: November 24, 2005, 08:07:50 PM »

I'll be honest and say I was a bit doubtful if you were the real article when you first appeared here.  But after discussing matters with you and seeing that it does indeed jibe with what I do know about you and how you behaved in the past, I'm convinced you're the real article.

Hence, that's why I've been one of the big defenders on this matter here -- Not that you need my help.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Dial H For Hero
Supermen of America

« Reply #281 on: November 24, 2005, 08:08:13 PM »

As long as this thread has been going on, it seems likely that if this wasn't the real Kurt Busiek, the true one would've shown up by now to cry foul. I know I would.
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #282 on: November 24, 2005, 08:14:14 PM »

Exactly right, Dial H for Hero.

Someone once impersonated me, or rather my 'Captain Kal' handle, on Alvaro's back in the day.

What was odd was the imposter posted in my name an old article of mine that I really did write.

I called him and the moderator on it.  It turned out the other guy thought I wasn't around so he thought he'd pinch-hit for me on a debate with something I actually said before.

I was both creeped out and flattered.  Flattered that someone would take the trouble to first save my old article, then decide to sub for me in a pinch.  Creeped out 'cause they were assuming my ID.

Yeah, after a long thread like this, I'd say the real guy would have nailed any imposters by this point.  It took me only one post to rear my ugly head.

Captain Kal

-- The Dalai Lama
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #283 on: November 24, 2005, 09:11:28 PM »

HOW would he?

Kal-L
Supermen of America

« Reply #284 on: November 25, 2005, 12:28:45 PM »

As long as this thread has been going on, it seems likely that if this wasn't the real Kurt Busiek, the true one would've shown up by now to cry foul. I know I would.

Among hundreth, if not thousands of sites on the net, there are few chances the real Kurt Busiek noticed an impostor took his ID.

Up, up, up and away!
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #285 on: November 25, 2005, 12:57:46 PM »

Well considering this is one of the THE top Superman sites, I don't think it'd go completely unnoticed here. SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE would probably see it and get a hold of him and go "Hey, someone's posing as you on one of the top Superman sites, and doing a darn good job of it".

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #286 on: November 25, 2005, 03:24:13 PM »

Hey, Kurt!  You posted here a month ago or so that you'd be doing some DC work again but you couldn't give us the spoilers yet.

Here's the link to the teaser post page:
http://superman.nu/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1720&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=144

DC has just officially announced that you and Geoff Johns will be sharing the writing on Superman/Action Comics.  Is this the big reveal that you said to be on the lookout for?  This is almost exactly on schedule with what you posted before.

And I've got my wish.  Kurt Busiek is doing a regular superbook.

Yay!!!

Cheesy

(Yeah, and I said back then it was an odd coincidence that you started posting on a major Superman forum just prior to you getting possible Superman work.  You said you just noticed your name showing up on a search of your name.  It looks like my instincts were correct -- yet again.  I have a very good track record of ideas that eventually show up in the books.)

Captain Kal

-- The Dalai Lama
BMK!
Superman Family

« Reply #287 on: November 25, 2005, 04:01:01 PM »

DC has just officially announced that you and Geoff Johns will be sharing the writing on Superman/Action Comics.  Is this the big reveal that you said to be on the lookout for?  This is almost exactly on schedule with what you posted before.

And I've got my wish.  Kurt Busiek is doing a regular superbook.

Yay!!!

As written in WIZARD...

Superman/Action Comics-an eight issue storyline threads between the two titles, leading to a major status quo change in June! Co-written by Geoff Johns and Kurt Busiek, art by Pete Woods.

Congratulations, Kurt!  Two of my favorite writers chronicling the adventures of my #1 best-loved fictional character is a win-win situation in my eyes! Now is this only a temporary writing assignment for you gentlemen, since it is initially an 8-issue arc or is it just the length of issues that will be interconnected?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L