superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:20:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who can save Superman now? KURT BUSIEK!  (Read 250110 times)
CRISISHATER
Superman Fan

« Reply #320 on: November 29, 2005, 10:17:27 PM »

Kurt, I will buy any Super book you  write after Astro City and Secret Identitiy. I pray, that somehow, The Earth-Prime Superboy will be translated into story possibilities that include Clark Kent who is also Superboy. Why can't he be incontinuity for at least a year "realtime". He could have a lot of adventures in the future  with the Legion in that block of time....

Crisis and man of steel ruined the Superman mythos

Please Assist New Orleans if you can. Give food, water. Be careful where you send your money.
Kurt Busiek
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #321 on: November 29, 2005, 11:59:46 PM »

Quote from: "CRISISHATER"
Kurt, I will buy any Super book you  write after Astro City and Secret Identitiy.

Thanks!

I pray, that somehow, The Earth-Prime Superboy will be translated into story possibilities that include Clark Kent who is also Superboy. Why can't he be incontinuity for at least a year "realtime". He could have a lot of adventures in the future  with the Legion in that block of time....

At this point, the future of Superboy-Prime is known only to a few, and whether or not I'm one of 'em, I wouldn't be able to say anything.

But I do like young-Clark-in-Smallville stories, so I'm with you at least there...

kdb
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #322 on: November 30, 2005, 01:39:31 AM »

It should be noted that DC Direct will be releasing a Superboy-Prime action figure with the new costume design. Now if DC is doing this just because it's a cool design or because he is staying in the DC universe after IC, is not know as of yet.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #323 on: November 30, 2005, 02:45:21 AM »

Quote from: "CRISISHATER"
Kurt, I will buy any Super book you  write after Astro City and Secret Identitiy. I pray, that somehow, The Earth-Prime Superboy will be translated into story possibilities that include Clark Kent who is also Superboy. Why can't he be incontinuity for at least a year "realtime". He could have a lot of adventures in the future  with the Legion in that block of time....

I just hope they don't kill him off in some gorefest or villify him. But he does commit the crime of being likable and personable so I guess he's prolly in for it to.    :cry:

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #324 on: December 03, 2005, 04:32:44 AM »

Busiek, you cheeky monkey, I KNEW there was some secret reason for you put-putting around the forum threads, and it wasn't because of our sparkling personalities, either.

Congratulations on your assignment to Superman!

You'd better believe I'm buying this thing. I was looking forward to a Busiek-written JLA, but a Busiek-written SUPERMAN is a pretty freakin' good consolation prize! It's like a dream come true.

Hopefully, after IDENTITY CRISIS, Superman will have his shinola together and be much more like the classic character that we all love.

The reason I started this thread to begin with is because I think you'd be able to write a well-characterized Luthor. The thing I love about Luthor is that he was a very sympathetic, tragic villain thanks to his treatment by Elliot S! Maggin in the 1970s-80s. A characterization that was lost post-Maggin. You have the ability to generate sympathy for characters, whether it be the Juggernaut in AVENGERS #26 or Steeljack in "Tarnished Angel."

Mark Waid, in his BIRTHRIGHT, had the right idea about Luthor: make him a misanthrope isolated and alienated from everybody else that is very sympathetic, isolated from others by his intelligence the same way Hugo Danner was isolated from others by his strength in GLADIATOR. Though personally, I thought Waid's Luthor characterization smacked of teenage histrionics. One can't imagine why Luthor was still making a fuss about all that teenage stuff as an adult.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Kurt Busiek
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #325 on: December 03, 2005, 05:00:10 PM »

Quote from: "JulianPerez"
Busiek, you cheeky monkey, I KNEW there was some secret reason for you put-putting around the forum threads, and it wasn't because of our sparkling personalities, either.

It really was because I stumbled across the site in a Google Blog Search, honest.

Congratulations on your assignment to Superman!

Thanks -- and to all who've mentioned it.

kdb
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #326 on: December 03, 2005, 05:08:48 PM »

And for those who didnt  KB (like me) - Congrats!

Have fun! S!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #327 on: December 03, 2005, 06:38:43 PM »

It was fate or just one heck of a coincidence!

Note the title of this thread, then much later he gets the job Smiley

Maybe DC was the ones reading this one... :shock:  I guess they wanted to figure out how to get us to buy more than just TPBs of old stuff. Smiley

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L