superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonLois & Clark: The Ghost of Superman FutureHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:36:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm very proud of it! (part II)  (Read 11514 times)
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 09:21:02 AM »

Saw this on ebay and thought of this thread.  Do they still publish AMOK in Italy?  

This is the original cover art for AMOK #13 (The Crystal Sphere) , an Italian Golden Age(circa late 1940's) comic book reprinting the adventures of hero AMOK, a European version of the Phantom by Tony Chan. AMOK may have been started due to the embargo of American strips in Occupied Europe, but was a very popular character in his own right and his adventures were printed (and reprinted) for decades! Tony Chan (AKA Antonio Canale) was a very popular Italian artist working in the "noir" style and did much work for American publisher St. John in "Authentic Police Cases".

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 08:30:59 PM »

No AMOK anymore, here.
And I haven't read it, sigh. Sadly, these comics from the "Italian Golden Age" are very rare and expensive, besides they aren't reprinted...

By the way, here in Italy wasn't so successful, because it was too expensive for the post WW II Italians.

And, if you're interested in the Italian history of DC, read my next topic!

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2005, 09:04:40 PM »

Released, at last!

SUPERMAN MAGAZINE #3, containing my first introduction for a comic book.
It seems a dream...

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2005, 09:52:08 PM »

Nice!

Do you have covers that you can show us?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2005, 01:14:47 AM »

Congrats again!  Cheesy  

Hey, can you scan the covers like Super Monkey suggested, and maybe your editorial comments?  I think they'd go over here pretty darned well!  Wink

Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2005, 03:31:06 AM »

Quote from: "Gernot"
Hey, can you scan the covers like Super Monkey suggested, and maybe your editorial comments?  I think they'd go over here pretty darned well!  Wink

Yes, congratulations and thank you very much for keeping us all up to date on this!  Please do post your editorial, either in Italian and/or English!

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2005, 02:20:18 PM »

I'll post soon the cover. I haven't a scanner, and in the Publisher site there isn't still the cover image.

I don't know if my introductions can really be interesting for you... They're only something like "In the last issue Superman fought Lex Luthor, who now isn't the president anymore". But if you want, I can post my first intro here.
In issue #4 will appear my latest article, about "Lois & Clark - The new adventures of Superman". Maybe this can be more interesting? I could post it in the L&C section.

Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2005, 02:00:47 PM »

Did anyone wanted the SM #3 cover?
I haven't it.
But, if you want, look at the #4 cover...

It will be released the next week.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L