superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:51:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Classic" Superman in Hero System/Champions  (Read 20482 times)
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2005, 05:16:35 PM »

Thanks, Gary.  That's the sort of thing I was looking for, both game mechanics of how the stats compare with each other (which tends to be a logarithmic scale) and translations into real world abilities.

Does a site exist which explains these Champion game mechanics in detail?  I'm curious about what the reflex and intelligence scores mean in the real world, for example.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Gary
Superman Family

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2005, 05:56:09 PM »

Not that I know of. You could try Googling for it, of course. But most likely you would have to get the game rules for this, and game designers are unlikely to let this appear on the web for free when their livliehoods depend on getting people to pay them for it.
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2005, 09:30:55 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Kal"
:lol:

Yeah, galactically stupid is funny and sad 'cause it's true about Superman!

Let's not get into THAT again!  Cheesy

BTW, does anyone know how those Champions stats translate into real world stats?  I know how DCH RPG does but I'm pretty sure that translation doesn't apply here.

I believe 1,530 or so hexes per turn = speed of sound or so. Let me get back to you so I can provide a more complete answer.

For one power, the answer is simple.

The power I found easiest to build was FTL Travel, because it has a concrete, non-game meaning for what it measures: 10 Active Points = Lightspeed, and every 2 Active Points is twice that.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2005, 09:44:26 PM »

Much thanks now and in advance, Julian.

Cheesy

BTW, don't go missing like that again.

Super Monkey and Great Rao: Where are those leg irons we were going to trap Julian here with? j/k

Captain Kal

-- The Dalai Lama
SteamTeck
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2005, 02:07:30 AM »

:lol:

Yeah, galactically stupid is funny and sad 'cause it's true about Superman!

BTW, does anyone know how those Champions stats translate into real world stats?  I know how DCH RPG does but I'm pretty sure that translation doesn't apply here.

Strength works like this. St 10 can lift 100 kilograms. Then it doubles every 5 points so at about st 60 you can lift 100 tons. A ST of 100 allows to lift 25 kilotons and so on. The other stats are kind of subjective but assumed to be in the same vague scale.

Here's a link to their site.

http://www.herogames.com/
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2005, 04:48:31 PM »

Thanks very much, SteamTeck.

Now, time to feed on the info on that link ... *chomp*

Captain Kal

-- The Dalai Lama
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2005, 03:20:10 PM »

One other power that might be worth mentioning:

There's a comic where Superman and Supergirl combine their x-ray vision to transmute elements.   A big Kryptonite meteor was in a cave.  They found a gold vein, melted it around the K, then transmuted it into lead (because gold just isn't dense enough Smiley ).  Anyone know which issue I'm talking about?  I read about this a long time ago, and saw a reference by someone else to the story which jogged my memory.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L