superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe Krypton ChroniclesHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:48:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JUSTICE LEAGUE COMPANION!  (Read 4186 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: August 18, 2005, 06:11:05 AM »

This looks really neat!

Cover Art:

Inside Art:

JUSTICE LEAGUE COMPANION
By Michael Eury.

Commemorating the Justice League of America's 45th anniversary, The Justice League Companion is a comprehensive examination of the Silver Age JLA. Written by Michael Eury (author of the critically acclaimed Captain Action and co-author of The Superhero Book), The Justice League Companion traces the JLA's development, history, imitators, and early fandom through vintage and all-new interviews with the series' creators, an issue-by-issue index of the JLA's 1960-1972 adventures, classic and never-before-published artwork, and other fun and fascinating features!

This traces the JLA’s development, history, imitators, and early fandom through vintage and all-new interviews with the series’ creators, an issue-by-issue index of the JLA’s 1960-1972 adventures, classic and never-before-published artwork, and other fun and fascinating features! "An ideal companion to the outstanding All Star Companion--everything about the JLA and complete illustrated biographies of every creator. Plus lots more!"

Contributors include Denny O’Neil, Murphy Anderson, Joe Giella, Mike Friedrich, Neal Adams, Alex Ross, Carmine Infantino, Nick Cardy and many, many others. Plus: An exclusive interview with Stan Lee and all-new cover by Bruce Timm. A must-read for JLA fans new and old!
TwoMorrows, 2005

SC, 8x11, 224pg, b&w

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 10:29:13 AM »

Wow, kinda neat --but very limited in scope I think.  On the other hand, with that mandate (Silver Age), he should be able to go into incredible depth with a book-length project.  Alot of that material I've in basic form encountered elsewhere, like in Will Smith & Gerard Jones' book, The Comic Book Heroes, which was almost a month-by-month replay of the Silver Age.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 11:39:50 AM »

Hello,

I've read about one/third of it - it is a great book - lots of fun too!

MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 07:42:40 PM »

Cool, a re-work of my favorite JLA 80 page giant cover...

Hey Braniac, don't see you around here as much anymore, your website is looking good...
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 03:33:20 PM »

Thanks!

I'll try to come over and over and over...

!

Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 02:55:56 PM »

Btw - it says in the book that they're will be a volume two!

Brains!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L