superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonSuperman Through the Ages!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:38:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman's greatest feats  (Read 3058 times)
RyuHayabusa
Superman Fan

« on: August 28, 2005, 10:23:52 PM »

For those of you who have been long time Superman readers, what are the greatest feats you've ever seen him do? I seen him hold a black hole in his bare hand, survive nuclear blasts, etc. What are the greatest feats you've seen?

Also, what feats have you seen done in the past that, with modern understanding of science, are scientifically inaccurate or impossible?
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 10:45:42 PM »

He once sneezed and blew out a sun in another galaxy.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 11:10:10 PM »

Also, what feats have you seen done in the past that, with modern understanding of science, are scientifically inaccurate or impossible?

all of them Smiley

Superman was just pure fantasy and pure fun.

Dispite that fact that Pre-crisis naysayers keep using it as an example I don't think that Superman ever starting Juggling Planets. Unless someone can show me proof, I will think of it as an urban myth.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 03:21:11 AM »

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"

He managed to lead a secret life wearing tights without being ridiculous, pulling the wool over 2+ nosy women, for decades.  

As for juggling planets, he'd rarely _juggle_ them AFAIK, but he'd jostle multiple planets around when it suited the plot.  I remember him tugging multiple planets around with chains without much effort.
RyuHayabusa
Superman Fan

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 04:03:13 AM »

In one issue, Superman raced the Flash to the edge of the Milky Way, roughly 40,000 light years away. Now, considering the length of time for the race, Superman and Flash both had to be moving at hundreds of thousands times the speed of light.

I recently read the issue called "The Day The Cheering Stopped". Is this the only issue to feature the Sword of Superman? I've read elsewhere about something called the Sword of Destiny that Superman has in the future. Is this the same thing, or something different?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 02:57:53 PM by Great Rao » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L