superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:12:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst Superman Stories?  (Read 49916 times)
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2005, 04:14:30 AM »

The post-Crisis screwed-up treatment of many Smallville folks just grinds me in ways that make my head hurt:

- Conduit / Kenny Braverman -- why?
- The Manhunters -- everyone in Smallville chipped -- ugh
- Pete Ross: Ruin -- 'nuff said
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2005, 07:25:08 AM »

I'm sure Pete has been framed.

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2005, 11:47:36 AM »

Doesn't matter.  Pete Ross was screwed up from the moment that they didn't have him stumble onto Clark's secret.  It would've been interesting to have Lana know but not feel that she could tell Pete, and Pete know but not feel he could tell Lana.  They resolve this as part of some nice story about trusting each other enough to get married (perhaps as a prelude to the Supes-Lois proposal, assuming they were fleshed out enough to get hitched), then Lana and Pete keep it secret the fact that Pete knows.  Lana can still hold a torch for our hero, but Pete knows this and they both can laugh about it.  And I'd love to see a frame like:  "Guys named Pete _should_ end up with the red headed girl who knows the secret.", as shown through some window pane with a spider on it.
SteamTeck
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2005, 12:02:50 AM »

Quote from: "Uncle Mxy"
The post-Crisis screwed-up treatment of many Smallville folks just grinds me in ways that make my head hurt:

- Conduit / Kenny Braverman -- why?
- The Manhunters -- everyone in Smallville chipped -- ugh
- Pete Ross: Ruin -- 'nuff said

I couldn't agree with you more but it's just typical of how Superman's history has been handled recently.
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2005, 06:45:36 PM »

Post Crisis Pete Ross is a pointless character.  His original theme and purpose was the best friend who secretly knew Clark's secret ID and helped him without his knowledge.

Exactly what role does Pete serve now?  He's just a bitter, jealous man who's mad at Clark for being so goshdarned All-American wonderful that of course his wife Lana prefers Clark and Pete was a distant second-choice.

Even Smallville the TV show had a better take on Pete Ross than that.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L