superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonTomorrow's Lesson!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:44:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sword of Superman  (Read 7956 times)
RyuHayabusa
Superman Fan

« on: August 31, 2005, 03:42:32 AM »

I recently read the issue called "The Day The Cheering Stopped". Is this the only issue to feature the Sword of Superman? It seemed almost as though they were making Superman like Jesus, with all the "my son" talk. Has this thing ever appeared again since this issue?

I've read elsewhere about something called the Sword of Destiny that Superman has in the future. Someone mentioned that Superman had it as Superman Prime in the DC One Million series. Is this the same thing, or something different? I've been trying to get all of the DC One Million series, but still have a long way to go. Any info would be great.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 02:55:28 PM by Great Rao » Logged
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 01:28:57 PM »

In the pre-Crisis age the Sword appeared only in SUPERMAN ANNUAL #10.

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
RyuHayabusa
Superman Fan

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 11:24:50 AM »

What about Post-Crisis age?
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 03:21:38 PM »

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"
I've read elsewhere about something called the Sword of Destiny that Superman has in the future. Someone mentioned that Superman had it as Superman Prime in the DC One Million series. Is this the same thing, or something different? I've been trying to get all of the DC One Million series, but still have a long way to go. Any info would be great.

In DC One Million, GL's power ring was described as being the #1 most powerful weapon in the universe.  It was given to Superman by someone who thought he was attacking him with deadly Green K  ('cause obviously, Superman after a million years wouldn't have solved the Green K like his descendants did -- riiiggghhhttt...).  I don't _think_ the Spear of Destiny (the most common "of Destiny" artifact) ever appeared in DC One Million, either, though I didn't read all the crossover stuff.
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 03:27:31 PM »

Seeing as DC One Million is the future contiguous with Kingdom Come (as evidenced by the reference to The Kingdom's Gog killing Superman in the 21st century but Kal somehow still being alive in the 853rd), and KC Superman had developed at least a tolerance to kryptonite, this at first appears problematic.

However, being immune to external K poisoning is one thing.  Solaris was poisoning the sun and its radiation itself so the sun would be poisoning Superman's power supply instead of feeding him.

It must further be noted that one of the KC Superman killed by Gog was poisoned to death screaming after a thousand years when his very body was converted to living kryptonite.  This jibes with my theory above.

KC Superman had a degree of tolerance to K not an outright immunity.  The same seems to have -- will have? -- applied to Superman Prime.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L