superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:06:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Preview: ALL STAR SUPERMAN #1  (Read 47297 times)
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« on: September 01, 2005, 01:53:52 PM »

Do you remember the dear, old pre-Crisis Superman? Of course you do! He is here again:

It seems good... And it probably is!

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 02:27:12 PM »

Get a load of that chin!  
I didn't know that Bruce Campbell was the pre-Crisis Superman!

FWIW, I think the solar chromosphere is a little hotter than 6000 degrees F...  not _that_ much hotter, mind you, but somewhat hotter.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 02:33:29 PM »

That's All-Star Superman, not Pre-Crisis Superman, it's a whole new start.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 02:38:52 PM »

Looks like yet another version of Jor-El and Lara.

All I can say is, they must have had quite an extensive wardrobe collection - and impressive super-speed - to be able to change clothes so many times during that brief final scene before Krypton's destruction...

I like Lara's "Rao" makeup though, if that's what it is Smiley

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 02:38:53 PM »

Quote from: "Uncle Mxy"
Get a load of that chin!  
I didn't know that Bruce Campbell was the pre-Crisis Superman!

FWIW, I think the solar chromosphere is a little hotter than 6000 degrees F...  not _that_ much hotter, mind you, but somewhat hotter.

January 14, 1994 by Phillip F. Schewe and Ben Stein

THE SOLAR CHROMOSPHERE IS COLDER than we thought. The chromosphere is the region between the photosphere (the sun's surface, at a temperature of about 6000 K) and the corona (whose temperature is 1 million K or more). Previously scientists had figured that the chromosphere temperature was relatively cool---an estimated 4300 K at an altitude of 500 km above the sun's surface---but new measurements made at Kitt Peak show that the chromosphere is colder than this. High-resolution infrared observations of carbon monoxide molecules at the limb of the sun provide a new minimum temperature of 3500 K which, furthermore, seems to occur at a higher altitude, 1100 km. Robert Noyes of Harvard Smithsonian says that carbon monoxide clouds may be a transitory phenomenon in the solar atmosphere. (Science, 7 Jan. 1994, Science News, 8 Jan.)

EDIT: Maybe some dumb editor changed 6000 K to 6000 F without converting it?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 03:53:45 PM »

It looks cool, but I've completely missed the point of it. What's the deal with this All-Star stuff?

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 04:02:23 PM »

I believe this is DC aping Marvel's Ultimate books.

IOW, milking existing characters/books by spinning off an entirely new continuity for them divorced from the mainstream.

Hey, DC also has their animated series books like JLU, etc.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 04:26:44 PM »

Quote from: "RedSunOfKrypton"
It looks cool, but I've completely missed the point of it. What's the deal with this All-Star stuff?

The point is to give All-Star teams of Superstar Writers and Artists free reign to do their own versions of a big time DC hero that is outside of normal continuity. So far we have seen Batman and soon Superman.

That means that the next all-star team that takes over the book after these teams leave, may start over again with their own continuity or I suppose they could build upon what the last team did if they wished.

- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L