superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:07:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Orleans, etc  (Read 3325 times)
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« on: September 01, 2005, 05:16:48 PM »

In the abscence of any real Supermen or Aquamen, I'm betting our best bet is the Red Cross these days.  Anyone know if there is a specific way to donate to hurricane relief?

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 07:33:42 PM »

Amazon has set-up a place to send donations:

Go here to donate: http://www.amazon.com/gp/philanthropy/red-cross.html/102-0710795-9351335

Victims of Hurricane Katrina are attempting to recover from the massive storm that is still making its way across the Mid-Atlantic states. American Red Cross volunteers have been deployed to the hardest-hit areas of Katrina's destruction, supplying hundreds of thousands of victims left homeless with critical necessities. By making a financial gift to Hurricane 2005 Relief, the Red Cross can provide shelter, food, counseling, and other assistance to those in need.

Privacy Notice: If your donation is $250 or more, Amazon.com will provide your name, billing address, and donation amount to the American Red Cross, and the American Red Cross will provide you with a receipt for your donation. Other than this, Amazon.com will not share information about you with the American Red Cross. Thanks in advance for your participation during this critical time.

The American Red Cross name is used with its permission. For more information about the American Red Cross, please call 1-800-HELP NOW or e-mail info@usa.redcross.org. Learn more about Amazon.com's support of nonprofit organizations, including the Amazon.com Nonprofit Innovation Award, at www.amazon.com/nonprofitinnovation.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 08:32:12 PM »

I'm donating to Operation Blessing and Habitat for Humanity. You can donate to these organizations through their websites, including Salvation Army and Red Cross.

I still haven't heard from any of my family in Mobile, but two of my friends in New Orleans got out.

Despite how real the character of Superman can sometimes be, sometimes he's definitely not. However, the Superdome has saved thousands of lives...

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 10:32:15 PM »

It looks like DC Comics has already come out with a plan to support comics retailers affected by the hurricane.  Other news about the comics/hurricane connection:

http://www.comicsreporter.com/index.php/the_comics_reporter_at_the_pulse_090105/

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 11:35:18 PM »

Also try:

http://www.fema.gov/press/2005/resources_katrina.shtm#canhelp

In addition, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has a guide for
consumers with information on how to ensure that your donations are
going to a legitimate charity - and ultimately to those who need the
assistance: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/tmarkg/charity.htm

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L