superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:13:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The GIRL with the SEE-THROUGH MIND!"  (Read 11258 times)
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 09:23:19 PM »

At first when reading this I thought the title was "The GIRL with the SEE-THROUGH BLOUSE!"

And I thought, "Hey, Superman's getting GOOD!"  Cheesy

When I realized I had misread, I was disappointed, but my excitement came back when I realized it was Maggin on the job. He really seemed to get who Supergirl was about in this story, simultaneously loathing and loving her specialness and superpowers. Maggin had a profound insight into Supergirl, which is rare for a male writer with a female character (the other exception I can think of being Steve Englehart and Kurt Busiek, whose most interesting characters were female). Did he ever do any other Supergirl stories? Because he truly understood the character and her personality, and how distinct she was from Superman.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 09:46:17 PM »

Quote from: "JulianPerez"
Did he ever do any other Supergirl stories? Because he truly understood the character and her personality, and how distinct she was from Superman.

As far as I know, he's done five Supergirl stories.  To date, we've got two of them on the site.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 05:04:00 AM »

I have Princess of the Golden Sun.  If it is about that Aztec girl who attacked Supergirl after she first moved to Florida.  It was in the Blue Ribbon Digest Supergirl compilation.

Too bad I don't have a working scanner.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L