superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:38:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Long lost Super-pet?  (Read 3230 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: September 07, 2005, 07:47:05 AM »

From the letter page...

Adventure Comics No. 318 (Mar 1964)

SMALLVILLE MAILSACK

Dear Editor: As a new reader of your magazine, I would like to know more about the "Legion of Super-Pets." Could you list the various creatures who belong to this super-menagerie? - Sandy Tail, Great Neck, N.Y.

(The super-creatures include: Super-Horse, Krypto, Super-Monkey, Streaky, Proty II and, coming up soon, Super-Bird. Incidentally, how many readers would like to see "Krypto-Mouse," featured in the Hall of Fame classic story in this issue? -Ed.)

http://members.shaw.ca/legion_of_super-heroes/letter_columns/

Super-Bird?!? :shock:

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 09:08:45 AM »

Ahhh, Super-Bird. This one did in fact make an appearance, but I only see him mentioned in the text of several SUPERMAN FAMILY 100-page digests. Super-Bird was an ordinary Mynah bird given Superpowers by an exploding Kryptonite meteor. He was actually not a member of the Legion of Super-Pets for the simple reason that while he was intelligent, he turned to crime.

Another "forgotten" creature that is arguably a long-lost superpet has to be King Krypton, who was a scientist from Krypton that was accidentally changed into an ape ("whoops, confused my 'Change Into Ape' potion with my cream cheese sandwich!").

Ditto for Super-Mouse, who was a boy's pet that temporarily became a human-sized super-mouse as a result of a scientific accident. Beyond that, I have no information on the character.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 12:49:18 PM »

Super Bird's main powers: Flight and Super Mimicry. :lol:

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 01:28:52 PM »

Don't forget the super-gopher.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 01:51:56 AM »

Holy Moly, who knew!

Someone needs to do an entry in the http://superman.nu/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 07:55:30 PM »

What issue was Superbird in?

- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L