superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:41:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Superman stories  (Read 6885 times)
edvader
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 03:07:15 PM »

Death of Superman-by Siegel! and Swan!What else could I say!Story of Superman Red and Superman Blue-same era! :shock:  :lol:
Supergrl5013
Superman Family

"Be happy, not crappy"- my personal quote

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2005, 05:49:26 PM »

i really liked the New Adventures of Superman novel.. with Superman versus Medusa on  the cover...really great stories in there... i don'tt know which issue it was..but i think it was made in 1993 or some around that time or beyond

Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2005, 04:22:02 AM »

The Further Adventures of Superman was a really cool anthology. It's got a cherished place on my shelf.

My favorite Superman story of all time? I guess it'd have to be the first I ever read; SUPERMAN: FROM KRYPTON TO METROPOLIS from fisher-price. It was a read-along book that detailed the Silver Age Superman's origins, from his birth through Superboyhood to a battle with Lex Luthor for the fate of Metropolis. It opened with something from Wagner's The Planets. . .to this day I'd know that piece, it's engraved on my DNA but I can't recall the title. The book helped teach me to read, along with BATMAN AND ROBIN: THE CASE OF THE LAUGHING SPHINX and THE JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA: THE LUNAR INVADERS. So many fond memories of wearing those tapes thin, listening to the voices of my heroes and learning how the words above the comicbook art had meaning. . .it was awesome.

Contemporary times, I'd have to say my favorite stories are Elseworlds tales; Superman & Batman Generations, Superman: Red Son, Superman: Secret Identity. I also enjoyed It's A Bird by Steven T. Seagle. Superman At Earth's End is a guilty pleasure. Say what you will about Byrne, but I still enjoyed The Man Of Steel as a retelling of the Superman mythos. Birthright, of course, and JLA: The Nail, for a discussion of just how the DC Universe might've turned out if Superman hadn't been raised by the Kents. And while not directly dealing with Clark himself, The Kents is required reading for anyone who wants more depth into the psyche of the family that raised Kal-El right and true. It's set in the post-Crisis continuity, but its enjoyable stuff nonetheless.

-Def.

"You will believe a man can fly."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L