superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:28:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SA Superman figures coming in May!  (Read 17046 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 02:44:43 AM »

SILVER AGE SUPERMAN: SERIES 1: LEX LUTHOR Action Figure

Corrupted by his quest for power and his hatred of the Man of Steel, Luthor will not rest until everyone is under his rule! This action figure features multiple points of articulation and a display base. Packaged in a four-color blister.

On Sale May 24, 2006

This might be the best Lex figture ever made, IMHO.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 02:47:02 AM »

SILVER AGE SUPERMAN: SERIES 1: SUPERMAN ROBOT Action Figure

Created to help Superman protect his secret identity, the classic Superman Robot is ready for any task! This action figure features multiple points of articulation and a display base. Also includes a bonus Beppo the Super-Monkey figure! Packaged in a four-color blister.

On Sale May 24, 2006

http://dccomics.com/media/products/4626_a_full.jpg

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 01:45:53 PM »

Well, I guess it goes without saying that if you folks have any interest whatever in action figures, please buy these things!  I still can't believe DC is devoting a whole wave to a period they've ignored and dumped on for so long, but if these things sell well, maybe, just maybe there will be more forthcoming.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for these...very grateful...but before I pass on to that big Fortress in the sky I'd love to see a Silver Age Brainiac, Bizarro, Jor-El and Lara and...dare I dream it...Nightwing and Flamebird!

Meanwhile, I am astonishingly close to putting together a three-dimensional version of that beloved group portrait from the back cover of Superman Annual no. 6!  I can honestly say I never thought I'd see the day...

This looks like a job for...
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 07:16:28 PM »

I intend to get them.  I'm hoping for an Insect Queen to come out sometime.

How are they going to handle Comet?  

Another Supergirl(the hot pants Supergirl) figure and Comet comes with her?
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 10:06:21 PM »

we already had two Pre-Reboot Supergirls, I don't think there will be a third one.

All of the Superpets have been made into plush toys however, including comet.
http://dccomics.com/dcdirect/?dcd=3493

and don't forget this set, for some more people in that pic:
http://dccomics.com/dcdirect/?dcd=3488

- Elliot S! Maggin
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 12:37:28 AM »

we already had two Pre-Reboot Supergirls, I don't think there will be a third one

Uh huh.  Just how many versions of Superman are there?

How about Kyle Rayner or Hal Jordan?

Or probably the worst offender: Batman?

The hot pants version of Supergirl is an established icon.  It makes some sense to bring out that version as an action figure.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005, 01:13:13 AM »

Yeah, but Supergirl isn't Batman, or Superman, and she's dead. Plus her comics all bombed and were cancel. I like her a lot, but we are lucky to get even two figures!

I hope there is a third with Comet, but it would be a shocker, a happy shocker, but a shocker.

- Elliot S! Maggin
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2005, 01:10:05 PM »

I think a horse would be about the biggest thing DCD ever did, plastic figure-wise.  I'm not holding my breath.

Not that I'm too upset about it.  As a kid I always thought, "a super dog? That's cool!...A super monkey? Wild!...A super-cat? Well, okay...but a super-HORSE?! Now that's just dumb!"  :lol:

This looks like a job for...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L