superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:41:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SUPERMAN SPECIAL EDITION DVDS COMING IN 2006!  (Read 6163 times)
Bourne
Superman Fan

« on: September 20, 2005, 10:10:23 PM »

www.supermancinema.co.uk have posted an article confirming that Warner Brothers will release special edition DVD's of all four superman films to tie in with the release of Superman Returns in 2006.
Here's the article:
"The U.K. division of WarnerHomeVideo has confirmed that they are planning special edition releases of the Superman sequels. I'm going to get confirmation on this as soon as I can. I'm confident that Superman 2 will get the treatment it deserves but don't expect a re-cut because Donner won't touch it. Superman 3 and Superman 4 are going to be interesting. All sequels require picture re-mastering and beefed up audio."

Excellent news, although not really unexpected, especially considering the recent Batman special editions. Lets just hope that we get a lot of deleted scenes, especially on Superman II and IV.
Got to the link below for more info: http://www.supermancinema.co.uk/daily_planet/news/index.shtml
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 02:33:49 AM »

Good news!  And interesting, too.

The article speculates that we may finally see the missing Chris Reeve and Marlon Brando scenes from Superman II - but if so, wouldn't that be the same Brando footage that is going to be used in Superman Returns?  Maybe that means the Brando Estate will have to get double royalties...

I really hope that they put the missing scenes back in Quest for Peace - not as "deleted scenes" but inserted right back in the movie, a "restored director's cut" or something.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 02:43:14 AM »

I'm glad on the whole, but it is kinda irritating for those folks who bought the boxed set just to get the specials on Superman I.  I'd pay $10 to swap out the "regular" Superman II-IV for "Special Edition II-IV" if I could, assuming they threw in enough footage.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 02:58:09 AM »

I only have Superman 1 SE DVD, so this is great news for me.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 08:48:31 AM »

One thing that might be interesting to see is if they included some of the footage, as an extra, filmed by the earlier Superman I director who came on and filmed sequences in Italy before the move of production to England and director Richard Donner. There were a few brief snippets in the Documentaries included in Superman I, which featured the ever so slight tantalizing glimpses of what is presumably Krypton resembling a gigantic ruby and blue colored jewel - enough to arouse curiosity in what might have been (probably not as great as Donner's approach, but it might be interesting to know).

The Special Edition DVD of SUPERMAN had so many, many features, from restored scenes (including the Noel Neil/Kirk Alyn train scene) to screen tests. I wonder why they want to do another one - I mean, jeez, how much more special can another Special Edition be?

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 04:01:53 PM »

The only "special feature" I'd be interested in for Superman III is a new script and a complete reshoot.  Can they do that on a DVD restoration budget?

This looks like a job for...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 05:04:19 PM »

I will be skipping part 3 that's for sure.

I want Part 2 SE and maybe Part 4 SE.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 05:48:36 PM »

Quote from: "nightwing"
The only "special feature" I'd be interested in for Superman III is a new script and a complete reshoot.  Can they do that on a DVD restoration budget?

Nightwing, aren't you the one who pointed out that they are doing a rewrite/re-shoot of Superman III - and that it's called Superman Returns?

Hopefully it'll be better this time around.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L