superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonLois & Clark: The Ghost of Superman FutureHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:36:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For your consideration - Superman painting After Steranko  (Read 11353 times)
Odkin
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: September 25, 2005, 08:41:36 AM »

Long time lurker, first time poster.  I did this a long time ago, and with the exception of a Boy Commandos cover recreation haven't painted since!  I currently ink for Big Bang Comics, a retro-style  Image book where I am currently pitching some very Curt Swan style cover ideas.  It's acrylic on canvas board, expandable by clicking.  What do you think?

Bob Rivard

_________
Bob Rivard
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 02:21:37 PM »

It looks a lot like Steranko, LOL!

Pretty cool, you should paint more. Cool

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 03:15:25 PM »

Fantastic painting, thanks very much for posting it!

Do you mind if I add it to our gallery section?

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
shazamtd
Superman Family

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 05:26:55 PM »

Very nice.  I even saved it.   Cheesy

"Is there no one on this planet to even challenge me?!" - General Zod (Superman II)
Odkin
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 06:06:29 PM »

I'd be honored to have it in the gallery section!

_________
Bob Rivard
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 02:10:05 AM »

That's a beautiful painting!  I just saved it, too!  

I didn't KNOW Big Bang Comics were still being done.  I'll have to hunt down some back issues!

Richard S! Preston
Superman Fan

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 02:18:44 PM »

A superb piece of work, well done! :hail:
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 03:09:10 AM »

For those who may not know, Bob's painting is an homage to Steranko's illustration from Superman #400.

Also, be sure to check out Bob's inking and coloring work on our ongoing K-Metal project.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L