superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:28:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-Crisis Villians more powerful than Superman  (Read 24469 times)
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 09:43:40 AM »

Kryptonite Kid/Man and Dog?

Metalo

http://superman.nu/wiki/index.php/Metalo

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Bregh
Superman's Pal

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 01:53:10 PM »

Amazo is another one. I don't think Kal-El ever defeated him without having to employ wits over brawn.
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 02:45:38 PM »

I guess that the brains and brawn always seemed a package for me when I think of how powerful Supes was...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 02:58:45 PM »

No, the name of the thread isn't which Pre-Crisis Villians smarter than Superman.  :wink:

Superman never lost his IQ when he lost his powers. See all those red sun, green sun stories.

Only when writers made him dumber to fit the story. :wink:

Or rebooted him that way forever... but that doesn't count.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 03:11:51 PM »

Cheesy

Well, the Flame Dragon flew with wings on Krypton, was it a faster flyer than Supes on Earth...was its flame hotter than a million suns or just an ordinary flame that could cause fires but affect a Kryptonian like Superman as well?  Sorry, I always used to think about things like that, it always seemed to me that when Kryptonians had such powers magnified to such scales, that the differences in size on the original world would be comparatively small and outweighed by the smarter opponent...
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 03:14:56 PM »

Quote from: "Bregh"
Amazo is another one. I don't think Kal-El ever defeated him without having to employ wits over brawn.

I was gonna say Amazo when someone brought up Composite Superman, but I think of DC's favorite Super-Adaptoid as more of a JLA villain than a Superman one.
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 09:38:05 PM »

Amazo started out as a JLA foe, but he had at least two Superman-specific storylines.  He's even included in the DCH RPG Superman Sourcebook as a Superman villain in the Pre Crisis days.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
llozymandias
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2005, 10:04:22 PM »

Whenever Superman lost his powers, he also lost his super-intelligence.  With his powers he is a super-genius, without them he is a genius.

Darkseid was at most Superman's equal in power.  Lord Satanis (like most magic-using villains) was nowhere near as powerful as Superman.  If Superman were not vulnerable to magic,  Satanis would be ineffective against Superman.   Amazo seemed to be only slightly more powerful than Superman.  Mongul was slightly stronger than Superman, but not as invulnerable.  The Composite Superman was definetely more powerful.  Joe Meach had the power of two kryptonians (Superboy & Supergirl), one daxamite (Mon-El), & Ultraboy.  With the powers of several other legionaires thrown in.

John Martin, citizen of the omniverse.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L