superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonSuperman Through the Ages!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:43:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Rambling Thoughts On Superman  (Read 22522 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2005, 04:32:34 PM »

The story was reprinted from Action Comics No. 3

It is entitled "The Blakely Mine Disaster"

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2005, 05:22:10 PM »

Quote from: "JulianPerez"
But even there, GL/GA can hardly be considered to be innovative or a trend-starter.

Point taken.

But this is well off the beaten path from what you reacted to in my original post.

GA, and to lesser degree GL, have been significantly changed and continue to show the effects of the social relevance period.  Not only is this idea of relevance not dated nor obsolete, but it's actually expanded and deepened its hold on the comics industry.  As another poster noted, this has been to somewhat lesser effect over the years.

What was my key point is the real world fads, which indeed have expiration dates, influence Marvel far more than they do DC.

GL/GA wasn't a reaction to a real world fad nor does the aftermath of it show the obsolescence of such fads.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L