superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:56:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll
Question: ZOD FOR PREZ  (Voting closed: September 28, 2005, 11:29:27 AM)
YEA - 5 (83.3%)
NAY - 1 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States? ZOD!  (Read 6563 times)
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2005, 08:29:03 PM »

So what you're telling me is that you stood there and did nothing when Lex Luthor was running for president?  For shame!
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005, 08:41:34 PM »

Heck, I'd vote for Zod. I mean, I'm really sick and tired of voting for the LESSER of two evils.

And lounging around, hypnotized by ball-bearings, would make him a go-getter full of pep in his step by Washington standards.

I've always wondered what the human cloning legislation would be under a super-villain President.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 09:14:58 PM »

Quote from: "Uncle Mxy"
So what you're telling me is that you stood there and did nothing when Lex Luthor was running for president?

I ran an on-line presidential poll pitting Lex Luthor against the real-world candidates.

Lex Lost.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2005, 04:52:07 PM »

An interesting fact that is often misrepresented is Hitler was elected to office.  He didn't seize power.

George Lucas was using the pattern of Napoleon, Hitler, and more recent American presidents as his basis for the Emperor Palpatine character in his Star Wars movies.  IIRC, his objective was to show how the people give themselves away to a dictator not how the dictator seizes power.

Zod seems to look attractive for the same reasons those previous dictators were elected.

Just a thought.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L