superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:42:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meta: The Peanut Gallery  (Read 16603 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2005, 04:25:37 AM »

Quote from: "King Krypton"
I've been criticizing the bashers who've been tearing this thing apart ever since it was made clear that Welling wasn't going to change his mind about playing Superman. If you choose not to believe that there's been constant naysaying and attacks on this movie, that's your problem.

Post a link to someone bashing, and then I will believe you.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2005, 05:37:36 AM »

Im gonna wait, see it and judge for myself.

No matter what it is, its Superman and its OK with me.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2005, 06:20:02 AM »

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"

But, didn't you hear what some loser iron age fan boys said at some mystery website, it's not worth it! You better not watch.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2005, 04:56:37 AM »

I hate that this thread is called "More Pics of Routh as Superman".

Cheesy

Everytime I see there is a new post, I hesitate to read it because my brain is saying --"Why would you want to look at more pics of Routh as Superman?"

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
King Krypton
Superman Family

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2005, 06:13:52 AM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"

But, didn't you hear what some loser iron age fan boys said at some mystery website, it's not worth it! You better not watch.

I fail to see how DC Comics, AICN, SHH!, The Kryptonian, and other such sites qualify as "mystery" sites. I do agree about the "Iron Age losers" comment, though.

However, if there's anything I've learned from both fan and personal experience, it's that the power of stupid people in large groups isn't to be underestimated. An old axiom, but a sadly accurate one.

My first novella, Wounds of the Heart (http://www.booksurge.com/product.php3?bookID=IMPR02655-00001), has been published. Check it out, if you like.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2005, 06:40:49 AM »

I don't get it, why should we care about what they say again?

Why do you even go to those sites in the 1st place? I don't see the point.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
King Krypton
Superman Family

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2005, 06:43:59 AM »

Some of the sites are sources of information on the film (set pics, articles, etc.), so they serve purpose in that capacity.

The feedback on said information...well, that's another thing entirely.

My first novella, Wounds of the Heart (http://www.booksurge.com/product.php3?bookID=IMPR02655-00001), has been published. Check it out, if you like.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2005, 01:39:42 PM »

Do yourself a favor and skip the feedback, then.

I have the same issue with "Newsarama"...an occasionally useful site if you don't follow up the articles by reading every Tom, Dick and Harry's useless opinions posted at the end.  I'm all for the great things the internet has brought us as far as blogging, message boards, etc but the downside is that now everyone thinks their opinion is needed, and worth hearing, on every stupid little thing that gets written anywhere.  And once it's posted, in a way it carries as much weight as the article itself ("Hey, look!  I've been published!").  I used to enjoy occasionally reading letters to the editor in the local paper because people are so insane, but at least they had to go to the trouble of typing a letter and buying a stamp, which kept out a lot of the true loonies.  Now any goofball with a keyboard and 30 seconds to spare will put in his two cents on any old thing, and the net result, really, has been a mountain of content on the Web with maybe about 1 tenth of 1 percent of it being of any value whatever.

Anyway, I think all these opinions are suspect.  It's easier to criticize than to praise; if you're enthusiastic people make fun of you but if you're critical it makes you seem more "worldly" and sardonic.  This is the same principle behind most movie critics; they think they sound "smarter" bashing a film, so that's what they do.  In other words, the "opinions" people give at these sites may be nothing of the kind; it may just be mere posturing and puffery based on what they think smart people are supposed to sound like. And there are also always the guys who say something just to upset everyone.  It may or may not be what they truly believe, but it's enough to stir the stick and that's all they want.

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone's opinion is as valid as everyone else's.  Further, very few people's opinion on most things matters one whit anyway.  Just read the news and skip the rest.  I know from running a site myself that providing the ability to leave feedback is just a trick to keep people coming back and keep those page hits high.  The webmaster doesn't care how stupid they are, just so they keep coming back.

This looks like a job for...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L