superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:09:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Powergirl  (Read 16910 times)
MichaelBailey
Superman Emergency Squad

This Ain't No Sippin' Tea

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 08:12:34 PM »

In all honesty the explanation they gave in that JSA Classified arc was fan-freaking-tastic.  Power Girl went through so much with writers and creators trying to shoehorn her into the Post-Crisis DCU that the simple explanation of, "You know what, she's the cousin of the Earth-2 Superman who survived the Crisis" worked so well for me.

I mean why the heck not?

"I now own well over 13,000 comic books.  Most people would call this a hobby.  I prefer to call it was it actually is; a hopeless addiction." -MRB
LadyStyx
Superman's Pal

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2006, 09:20:35 PM »

PG is a BAD copycat of Supergirl, she should be killed during the "Candor" arc.
Vic George 2K6
Superman's Pal

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 02:54:28 AM »

Power Girl would have been interesting if she were actually the daughter of the Earth-2 Superman, which was what I originally thought she was when I first saw her in Crisis On Infinite Earths.

VIC GEORGE, Westfield, MA, USA
Mighty Man
Superman Fan

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 03:00:35 PM »

I like Powergirl. She does have her place in the DCU.
They make her an adult Supergirl, but change her a appearance a little bit (Haircut, big knockers).

For awhile, after Crisis. She was the only "supergirl" for along time until DC tried several incarnations of Supergirl until they decided to break down and "reinvent" the Superman's long lost cousin story in Superman/Batman issues.

She is going somewhere. Let's see what the writers have in store for her when they "reinvent" this Earth-Two thing. She might wind up going back there, who knows.
SteamTeck
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 03:28:05 AM »

PG is a BAD copycat of Supergirl, she should be killed during the "Candor" arc.

Actually I way prefer powergirl myself but then I remember her from way back when Wally Wood first drew her.
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 01:21:55 AM »

Power Girl would have been interesting if she were actually the daughter of the Earth-2 Superman,
Then you'd have to ask yourself which blonde Superman briefly hooked up with.  I doubt you'd get Power Girl out of dark-haired Supes + Lois, and I doubt wigs and coloring work on her Hair of Steel.

TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 04:47:06 AM »

Maybe the blonde-ness is a sort of red sun effect from vacationing in Kandor?

I think I expected Power Girl to be a daughter of E2 Supes as well when I first saw her in the 70s, since all of the modern JSA seemed to be adult versions of sidekicks, etc.  It makes more sense.  The mystery of her parentage would be a great aspect of her character.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2007, 03:23:46 AM »

>>Maybe the blonde-ness is a sort of red sun effect from vacationing in Kandor?<<

As noted in her origin story, the Earth-2 Kandor never got shrunken and stolen---it went boom along with the rest of the Earth-2 universe's Krypton ("Krypton-2", I suppose)... so no bottled city for Earth-2 Supes to keep in his mountain retreat near Metropolis... :-)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L