superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:43:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicolas Cage names his child Kal-El  (Read 6309 times)
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 06:15:20 PM »

Hindsight is 20/20, but let me just say: I totally saw this coming.

For the love of GOD, the guy named himself after 70s hero "Luke Cage, Power Man." Naming his baby something weird is totally in character for our Italian-American Hero-for-Hire.

Me, I'm not having kids, ever, ever, ever. In fact, as soon as I can find a way to get insurance to cover it, I'm having them tie my tubes up in a boy scout knot (heck, I'd even settle for a LORD OF THE RINGS vasectomy: battleaxe across the belly).

But if I did, I think I'd name them something mythological, like "Achilles" or "Hercules." Hehehe.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 06:58:21 PM »

To add to what you just said, Nicholas Cage has old home movies of himself playing in a homemade cape at being Superman.  Then we know about his aborted attempt to take the Superman role in the latest movie (which all fans soundly campaigned against).

Of course, he'd do whatever he could to show his support for his comics hero, even naming his kid like that.  Cage is a loyal superfan.

While his physical appearance would preclude his playing Superman/Clark Kent, I do believe Cage has the acting talent to pull it off.  It's a shame he needs both to be taken seriously for the role.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 07:23:09 PM »

Rumor has it that he wanted to name his kid Johnny, after Johnny Blaze, as Ghost Rider is his favorite character and he's starring in a Ghost Rider movie next year.  But having Johnny Cage as a son would get him no end of abuse from the Mortal Kombat crowd, so he settled for Kal-El.  Smiley
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2005, 10:12:25 PM »

Hi,

It has now been confirmed that Nic Cage is presently working on an experimental spaceship in which he plans to send his only child on another planet whose gravity is lighter than ours.

P.S.  He experimented with a monkey but the rocket got lost last year.

TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 05:39:41 AM »

Brainiac44 --very funny.

It must be a slow newsday because my source of US news, the Daily Show, just did a bit on the Cage announcement.

Funny thing was the pronunciation, "kullel" --sort of like Brando's.  I always say (like I talk about this alot out loud) the name distinctively as two parts, with a pause.  How else can Kara call her cousin "Kal" if the syllables aren't clearly distinguished?

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L