superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:53:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who would make a good Supergirl?  (Read 21906 times)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2003, 07:06:59 PM »

If we're going for a girl, Id like to suggest Michelle Trachtenberg who ws on Buffy.  She's already very beautiful, talented and still 17. Just picture her blonde and in the union pleats. Cheesy

Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2003, 06:41:13 AM »

Quote from: "Aldous"
Quote from: "Shannon"
actually, it's one of my goals to play supergirl. really, I'm an actor. I got it into my head that I would really like to play her, and THEN I read that they were thinking of doing a supergirl project. it was pretty great.

so my first choice would be, umm, me.

Why should you play Supergirl? What can you bring to the role?

Why should you be chosen over Alicia Silverstone, Allison Mack, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Reese Witherspoon?

I doubt if Supergirl would be scared off at the first sign of a challenge.
KaraReeve
Superman Fan

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2003, 11:36:17 PM »

Hmm.  Here's a thought.  What about the girl from American Beauty (the cheerleader) and American Pie (the nice choir girl)?  

She's not that well known and she seems versatile in acting and appearance.  Someone who isn't that well know would bring a freshness to the role, like Christopher Reeve, Helen Slater, and Tom Welling all did.  She's played characters at completely different ends of the spectrum, so she could certainly be Kara, Supergirl and Linda.
Kev-El
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2003, 06:01:49 AM »

Maybe a good choice to play supergirl is hilary duff? If this movie isnt made until 2005 or later she would probably be old enough

You gotta admit she is hot  :love:
KaraReeve
Superman Fan

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2003, 11:17:13 PM »

Quote from: "Kev-El"
Maybe a good choice to play supergirl is hilary duff? If this movie isnt made until 2005 or later she would probably be old enough

You gotta admit she is hot  :love:

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
If we're going for a girl, Id like to suggest Michelle Trachtenberg who ws on Buffy. She's already very beautiful, talented and still 17. Just picture her blonde and in the union pleats.

I don't want to be mean at all  :halo: , since I certainly can see how you might make these suggestions, but I think that both of these actresses are still too "Nickelodeon" with their acting.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is a quality to most actors that came from Nickelodeon that feels forced and exessively cute.  I would like to see a Supergirl that is a little more dramatic and serious, like Smallville.  Cool
Chelli
Supermen of America

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2003, 12:43:09 AM »

think since Michelle Tractenburg was Harriet the spy tohought she was more of a real actreal actress at 7 or 8 adored in her in that however her role as Dawn in in Buffy the vampire slayer made little use of her natuaral talents beleived she could have dome a lot better there as well I rhink she well beyond a nickelodian type and by that judgement what about Melissa hart of Sabrina she came from Clarissa explains explains it all a nick series then Showtimes production of Sabrina the teenage witch and later with her mother owned their own productiob Co and ran the series Sabrinia as a series.
 I don't call either of them  of nickeolodeon class but I do agree both are not what I'd consider the Supergirl type at all specially Melissa Joan Hart as she is no lomger a college aged pimple ridden teenager anymore
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2003, 05:20:47 PM »

Hello organ-carriers,

I find it hard to even think of any actress (re)prising the role.  Helen Slater was just so good, classic and I could go on with all the positive adjectives on and on...  
Too bad they couldn't afford a good story line that would've included...ME!  Fantasy and sci-fi can be real bad at times (Highlander II anyone?).  Supergirl needed some really classic villain to balance the cast.  This would actually been a good spot to plug in Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor in.  OR, like I said, any other real classic Supes villain so that fans could've seen the movie in a "Superman-family" type of way.  Actor Chris Reeve cancelled prestation didn't help either...
Imagine, Supergirl II!

Chelli
Supermen of America

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2003, 06:17:27 PM »

As I recall it Supergirl had her own unique brand of villiany to contend with Most of whom were witches of one sort or another so that's why Selena was chosen as her Nemisis as magc plauges both Superman and Supergirl
 Luthor Braniac even the bizzaro world villians would consider her less an equal to themselves
 as for helen slater she's moved beyond her character both in age and expereince
 She's no Chriustopher Reeve that will be diffucult to replace any way not even the curent Smallville actor cann attempt to fill his boots
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L