superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe Krypton ChroniclesHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:32:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who would make a good Supergirl?  (Read 21903 times)
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2003, 06:59:12 PM »

Chelli, you are correct, correct and correct!

Supergirl did have her brand of villains BUT she also from time to time met with Superman's villain.  The best anology would be the rate at which Robin would meet villains a-la-Batman.  I guess that the authors decided that Supergirl needed her own plethora of characters but wanted to keep things in the "family" too!
Has for Helen being beyond Supergirl, true too.  What I mean though is that it will still be hard to find someone who does the job well.  Meaning: the bar is high - if someone is casted, she should at least be as good as Helen.  On a personal note aside: I wouldn't want to see some kind of Supergirl that looks like she was brought out from a Matrix movie.  Those darn Salkinds were good!  Like 'em, hate 'em, they got things done and good...  Supergirl was super but feminine, she simply popped out of a comic book page!

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2003, 10:59:23 PM »

Quote from: "Brainiac44"
Hello organ-carriers,

I find it hard to even think of any actress (re)prising the role.  Helen Slater was just so good, classic and I could go on with all the positive adjectives on and on...  
Too bad they couldn't afford a good story line that would've included...ME!  Fantasy and sci-fi can be real bad at times (Highlander II anyone?).  Supergirl needed some really classic villain to balance the cast.  This would actually been a good spot to plug in Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor in.  OR, like I said, any other real classic Supes villain so that fans could've seen the movie in a "Superman-family" type of way.  Actor Chris Reeve cancelled prestation didn't help either...
Imagine, Supergirl II!

Maybe she should fight Brainiac, then fall in love with him and have many blond green skin babies... or not :twisted:

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2003, 11:58:22 AM »

I am FULLY built as a human... :oops:

NeoRanger
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2003, 11:03:42 PM »

Quote from: "Shannon"
actually, it's one of my goals to play supergirl. really, I'm an actor. I got it into my head that I would really like to play her, and THEN I read that they were thinking of doing a supergirl project. it was pretty great.

so my first choice would be, umm, me.
I don't know if you're a good actress, but remember that except for talent you also need the looks to be a Supergirl. Post a pic of you.
Supergrl5013
Superman Family

"Be happy, not crappy"- my personal quote

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2004, 03:14:29 AM »

I was thinking of Leelee Sobieski ( y' know the person that played oppodite Tom Cruise in Eyes Wide Shut) ( She's very pretty) ( go check her out at www.leeleesobieski.com

Chris
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2004, 12:50:40 AM »

Piper Perabo.
LanternLight
Superman Fan

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2004, 09:17:55 AM »

My choice is Tara Reid. I've even done a couple manips to demonstrate that she would look good as Kara.
Megatron
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2004, 11:26:03 AM »

Dude that's nice! Great job, i'm completely impressed.  :shock:  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L