superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:54:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC #1 - At last they return  (Read 106104 times)
forgottenhero
Supermen of America

« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2005, 06:29:21 AM »

Quote from: "Captain Kal"
Here's a thought:

If DC is returning the E-2 Superman to continuity, then arguably Superman could be once again the first super-hero, the legendary great grandaddy who started the whole shebang.

Surely, the different Supermen are just different incarnations of the same fundamental character.

In a way, since he and his companions helped 'create' the Post Crisis DCU, they might be considered predating the history of that entire universe.

I sincerely doubt that he's going to be around for very long. After the last issue of IC I'm sure that he, Lois, Alexander Luthor, and Superboy-Prime will return to their dimension (or whatever the proper term is in this case).

I am glad to see the old guy back, though, even if it's just for a short while.
Just a fan
Superman Family

« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2005, 05:26:43 PM »

Actually I think we'll see Superboy-prime remain behind and Kon-El go off to "that other place", this will happen because Kon-El still can't deal with the Luthor DNA and E-2 Superman, Luthor, and Lois promise to show him how to become the man he is meant to be. SB-Prime will move in with Clark and Lois for a while before showing up on the Kent farm, where he'll have a few adventures with as Superboy before going to the future and joining the LSH that was inspired by the legends of him and Supergirl, restoring the LSH orginal primise and keeping these folks around for when ever they need to be brough out of the closet for a good storry line.

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child
DakotaSmith
Supermen of America

The Jackelope of Truth

« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2005, 05:52:57 PM »

Well, except that the current LSH doesn't appear to have been inspired by Superboy, but rather the 20th century heros in general.

There have now been two -- count 'em, two -- reboots of the LSH since the Crisis, both invalidating major parts of Post-Crisis continuity.  All that stuff with the "pocket universe" Superboy?  Never happened, neither in the first reboot, nor the second.  Which certainly makes one wonder about the status of Matrix/Supergirl/Linda Danvers, since she came from the same pocket universe.  And the current Superman's killing of Zod and his cronies, since they were also from that pocket universe.

And I continue to maintain that at the end of Infinite Crisis, Superman, Lois, Alexander Luthor, and Superboy won't simply return to their "prison dimension."  Rather, they'll be dead.

Dakota Smith

The Zero Aggression Principle:  "No human being has the right — under any circumstances — to initiate force against another human being, nor to threaten or delegate its initiation."
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2005, 07:40:50 PM »

Quote from: "DakotaSmith"

There have now been two -- count 'em, two -- reboots of the LSH since the Crisis, both invalidating major parts of Post-Crisis continuity.

You mean since Crisis on Infinite Earths?  I thought there have been at least 4 or 5, including a couple in the Bierbaum/Giffen run.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
DakotaSmith
Supermen of America

The Jackelope of Truth

« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2005, 10:55:37 PM »

Well, by "reboot" I mean a complete re-start of the LSH from a blank slate, as opposed to the various retcons necessary to account for grafting a pre-Crisis LSH onto a post-Crisis universe.

And while LSH continuity is now so massively fracked-up with respect to the rest of the continuity in general as to be essentially incomprehensibe, we are now on our second complete-reboot of the LSH, as far as I know.  I.e. including the pre-Crisis LSH, there are three separate teams that have called themselves the LSH, lived in three separate 30th and 31st centuries, and which are each mutually exclusive to the others.

Dakota Smith

The Zero Aggression Principle:  "No human being has the right — under any circumstances — to initiate force against another human being, nor to threaten or delegate its initiation."
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2005, 11:37:19 PM »

urgh.. it is so confusing..

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Maximara
Superman Family

« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2005, 03:18:01 AM »

Quote from: "Uncle Mxy"
Quote from: "Captain Kal"
Well, Jor-El, Lara, Barry Allen, Uncle Ben, Gwen Stacy, and Thunderbird seem to be amongst the truly dead at DC and Marvel.

Even the pre-Crisis stories goofed a little here, with that one story where Jor-El and Lara are alive in suspended animation in some kind of rocket.  A recording of Jor-El tells Superboy that they can't be resuscitated or else they die of Kryptonite poisoning, so he lets their still-alive bodies float off into space.  Brilliant...

The story became worse over time when the whole Anti-K regular K dynamic came up. No matter what K was invovled there was somewhere Superman could take (or have them taken) that would have saved them.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2005, 03:23:04 AM »

Another Luthor has also returned.. and I am not talking about the kid from Earth-3!

The Six proved to be such a thorn in the side of the Society that Luthor called for an all out assault on the Six’s headquarters (The House of Secrets), which went down in issue #6. Of course, there was a little more than a big fight happening in the issue, a Simone pulled back the curtain to reveal Mockingbird’s identity – Lex Luthor.

No, not that same one that was leading the Society – another Lex Luthor. The “mad scientist” Luthor compared to the Society’s suave businessman and politician Lex Luthor (who had, in the meantime, kidnapped Paraiah, who is drawn to catastrophic destruction, and was warning Luthor that another wave of massive destruction is coming).

Still scratching your head? Don’t worry – we sat down with Simone for a who’s who, what’s what, and more importantly, Luthor who? session.

read it here: http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=024419b7f152fbb1674d734718a9faba&threadid=46915

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L