superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:49:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC #1 - At last they return  (Read 107416 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #144 on: October 26, 2005, 10:19:13 PM »

George Pérez’s cover to next month’s Infinite Crisis #2:

Just click on the link to view it.
http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/InfiniteCrisis/INFCR_Cv2_GP.jpg

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2005, 12:32:44 AM »

Quote from: "llozymandias"
In at least one golden-age story Clark sent his story to a ohio newspaper.  That does not prove that he lived in Cleveland.  Jerry & Joe could have done that as a nod to that newspaper or as an in-joke.

That was Action Comics #2.  Action Comics #11 more specifically notes that Clark Kent lives in Cleveland.

Superman in the comics was never based in cleveland.  Before his city was identified as Metropolis, it was implied to be New York.  Before Smallville was created it was implied that Clark grew up in metropolis.  Or a suburb of it.  Smallville (untill the Byrne/Wolfman reboot) was in the same state as metropolis, not kansas.

Smallville was placed in New Jersey in the LSH comics, or "hundreds of miles away in the midwest", or any number of places.  The Superman movie placed Smallville in Kansas, and Byrne went with that.  Whatever state Metropolis was in changed a lot -- Ohio (as Cleveland with Toronto skyscrapers), Illinois (as Chicago), Delaware (not a whole lot of room for a Smallville and Metropolis in Delaware Smiley ), New York, etc.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2005, 01:37:56 AM »

Quote from: "Uncle Mxy"

Superman in the comics was never based in cleveland.  Before his city was identified as Metropolis, it was implied to be New York.  Before Smallville was created it was implied that Clark grew up in metropolis.  Or a suburb of it.  Smallville (untill the Byrne/Wolfman reboot) was in the same state as metropolis, not kansas.

Smallville was placed in New Jersey in the LSH comics, or "hundreds of miles away in the midwest", or any number of places.  The Superman movie placed Smallville in Kansas, and Byrne went with that.  Whatever state Metropolis was in changed a lot -- Ohio (as Cleveland with Toronto skyscrapers), Illinois (as Chicago), Delaware (not a whole lot of room for a Smallville and Metropolis in Delaware Smiley ), New York, etc.

It seem that he only knew Superman from the movie and superfriends and never read an actual comic, besides the ones he worked on.

Did they ever say where it was during the sliver age?

I always thought it was suppose to be like anytown, USA in other words like it was in it's own made up state or something.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2005, 01:41:49 AM »

I assumed the same, placing it in an actual State doesn't make the mythos any stronger, a farming community and a small town worked for me...
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2005, 01:43:18 AM »

Power Girl's butt looks odd...

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
George Pérez’s cover to next month’s Infinite Crisis #2:

Just click on the link to view it.
http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/InfiniteCrisis/INFCR_Cv2_GP.jpg
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2005, 02:31:21 AM »

from a recent chat with the big bad wolf:

Staredcraft: Marv, what do you feel about them seemingly undoing what you did?
marvw: Remember, I undid lots of stuff that happened before my "Crisis." Again, I would be hypocritical to complain about anything being done to mine. But saying that, I suggest you wait and read before assuming anything.

DC wouldn't do a bait and switch right? Nah, never them, I mean...

- Elliot S! Maggin
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2005, 04:48:13 AM »

JSA Classified #4 gives us the true origin of Power Girl which ties directly into Infinite Crisis.  Big surprise: She's back to being the Kryptonian cousin of the Earth-2 Superman.  This 'big reveal' is a bit anticlimactic and is not worthy of the usual work Johns does with fixing characters.  Heck, anyone could have scripted that.  It's just an acknowledgement that a Pre Crisis DCU existed before so big deal.

Wanna bet the reason she still exists in the Post Crisis DCU is because Kal-L still lived in that other dimension so he's her tether to reality?

If that's so, that gives me hope Kal-L won't be killed off in this series though he still may be shunted to some nowhereville or even frozen in time or limbo somewhere just so PG could still exist.

OTOH, maybe he'll stay so Superman is the first super-hero again.

Ah, I can dream ...

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #151 on: October 27, 2005, 05:10:09 AM »

Quote from: "Captain Kal"
JSA Classified #4 gives us the true origin of Power Girl which ties directly into Infinite Crisis.  Big surprise: She's back to being the Kryptonian cousin of the Earth-2 Superman.  This 'big reveal' is a bit anticlimactic and is not worthy of the usual work Johns does with fixing characters.  Heck, anyone could have scripted that.  It's just an acknowledgement that a Pre Crisis DCU existed before so big deal.

Wanna bet the reason she still exists in the Post Crisis DCU is because Kal-L still lived in that other dimension so he's her tether to reality?

If that's so, that gives me hope Kal-L won't be killed off in this series though he still may be shunted to some nowhereville or even frozen in time or limbo somewhere just so PG could still exist.

OTOH, maybe he'll stay so Superman is the first super-hero again.

Ah, I can dream ...

Better yet, let's have this Superman died a heroic death and stay dead for real and have Earth-2 Superman take over his books.

I can dream right?  :wink:

- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L