superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:44:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC #1 - At last they return  (Read 106061 times)
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2005, 10:16:08 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Kal"
Well, Jor-El, Lara, Barry Allen, Uncle Ben, Gwen Stacy, and Thunderbird seem to be amongst the truly dead at DC and Marvel.

Even the pre-Crisis stories goofed a little here, with that one story where Jor-El and Lara are alive in suspended animation in some kind of rocket.  A recording of Jor-El tells Superboy that they can't be resuscitated or else they die of Kryptonite poisoning, so he lets their still-alive bodies float off into space.  Brilliant...
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2005, 12:19:53 AM »

Barry Allen is my FLASH and he's always alive to me.

And besides didnt Gwen Stacy get resurrected as Mary Jane in the Spidey film and get saved this time?Huh?Huh?Huh? :roll:
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2005, 01:32:49 AM »

I've got a question.  There's all this talk about the E2 Superman and Eprime Superboy coming back in IC #1.  I haven't been to my comic shop yet this week (in fact, I haven't been in about 3 or 4 months).  Did they only come back for that last page which someone posted earlier in the thread, where Supes says, "This is a job for Superman" and no more?  So we actually have to wait for the next issue to see what they're like?  Or have they had some real panel time?

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
DakotaSmith
Supermen of America

The Jackelope of Truth

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2005, 01:34:58 AM »

They're seen observing the action in IC1, though you don't know it's them until the very end.  In fact, the narrator of the story appears to be the Golden Age Superman himself.

Dakota Smith

The Zero Aggression Principle:  "No human being has the right — under any circumstances — to initiate force against another human being, nor to threaten or delegate its initiation."
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2005, 02:42:24 AM »

Quote from: "DakotaSmith"

I'm also a huge Elliot S! Maggin fan, and a believer that he's quite possibly the only human being on the planet who really understands Superman and his supporting cast.

I'd like to see the writers that Heroic Publishing(www.heroicpub.com) has take a crack at Superman.    They have a sense of fun.

This cover proves it:
http://www.heroicpub.com/flare/graphics/preview33/pagecover.jpg

All that is suppose to occur in that issue

The only real 'problem' with the titles is the heavy Greek art element in a few of the stories, especially when Olympus or Dark Malice  is brought into the mix.  IOW nudity.  However, if I'm forced to choose.  I'll take the Greek's glorification of the human body over the decadent violence in the Iron Age of comics any day.

As to Infinte Crisis.  I'm going to read IC, but I am firmly confident in Didio.  He has a hatred for anything that is happy.  The E-2 Superman, Alex Luthor, the E-Prime Superboy, and the E-2 Lois Lane has to be very grating for him.  It was a happy ending for them.  The only thing left is for him to grab the E-2 Steve Trevor and Wonder Woman off of Olympus and kill them as well.

Didio not only wants to make the current DCU darker, but he's trying to force the darkness back into the Silver/Bronze Age.  The Silver Age characters didn't bother hiding the mind wipes.  They were very blatant about it.

The best example comes from Challenge of the Superfriends.  Superman grabbed Lex Luthor's mind control ray and turned it on the Legion of Doom (That's a fine idea Lex.  Why don't I use it?)
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2005, 04:44:21 PM »

Man, going across other forums and seeing the response to this thing is just somewhere between disgusting and just heartbreaking.

People are practically cackling with supervillan levels of selfish glee over that line Batman had about how Superman hadn't inspired anybody since he was dead. It's not even that they are enjoying the line in the context of the story their just doing the happy dance because The Dark Jerkwad version of Batman zinged the nice guy hero that apprently everybody loves to hate.

Not that everybody hates Superman but one can't help but just be taken aback by the sheer level of bile that seems to have been reserved for him. It's not even specific to the problems the Post-Crisis version or at least these folks don't specify that. I mean if you like Batman better that's one thing but is it so hard to accept that both heroes can be cool in their own ways? Or heck, even that they are both heroes and would work together and even (gasp!) be freinds?

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2005, 05:50:49 PM »

No, it's that so many people hate the whiny crappy Post-Crisis version, go back to those forums and see the very same fans are all so happy to see Earth-2 Superman break out at the end.

There is a secret about what will be the big DC Universe changing event to come out of this.

That is that one of DC major heroes will die and be replaced.

Now, note that they keep introducing alternate versions of all the top heroes to keep you guessing.

Then again, it could be just blue beetle Wink

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2005, 06:01:14 PM »

People are practically cackling with supervillan levels of selfish glee over that line Batman had about how Superman hadn't inspired anybody since he was dead.

It's not just the Batman fans.  This site here is a perfect example of  why some of the glee exists.

http://superman.nu/a/comics.php

http://superman.nu/a/History/iron.php

It is not Superman they hate.  It is the person that currently holds the title.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L