superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:13:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC #1 - At last they return  (Read 106099 times)
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2005, 02:02:02 AM »

Reposting that image from the closed thread...

I was really excited to see Kal-L, obviously...even though this is another bloody Crisis (literally.)

And yet, I smell a rat.

Kal-L appears to be flying. And, he appears to be wearing a sweater! These are not things that Kal-L, herald of all heroes, does! It may be DC's 70th anniversary, but this is unacceptable. Who knitted that thing? Is that what Lois has been doing for the past 20 years?

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2005, 02:02:51 AM »

Quote from: "Gangbuster Thorul"
Maybe this is why Manga outsells comics

Um, manga is comics, I think.  More accurate to say, "this is why Japanese-style manga outsells non-Japanese-style superhero manga made by DC."

The spirit of Detective Chimp is something we have lost.  It is something the world of comics needs.

Darwyn Cooke rocks.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2005, 02:09:37 AM »

Quote from: "TELLE"
Maybe this is why Manga outsells comics

Um, manga is comics, I think.  More accurate to say, "this is why Japanese-style manga outsells non-Japanese-style superhero manga made by DC."

LOL, good irony there... Cool
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2005, 02:36:59 AM »

Manga is japanese for comics.

But, let's not get too off topic here.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2005, 02:41:42 AM »

And, he appears to be wearing a sweater! These are not things that Kal-L, herald of all heroes, does! It may be DC's 70th anniversary, but this is unacceptable. Who knitted that thing? Is that what Lois has been doing for the past 20 years?

That's not a sweater, he's just got cuffs on his Superman suit.  And he had those same cuffs back in DC Comics Presents Annual #1, "Crisis on Three Earths."  He probably also had them in "Crisis on Infinite Earths," but I don't have my copy around to consult.

Maybe it's his special "Crisis" outfit?

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2005, 03:04:30 AM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"

That's not a sweater, he's just got cuffs on his Superman suit.  And he had those same cuffs back in DC Comics Presents Annual #1, "Crisis on Three Earths."  He probably also had them in "Crisis on Infinite Earths," but I don't have my copy around to consult.

S!

Yes, he has it there as well, but his super-suit was also in pretty bad shape at the end there.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2005, 03:21:39 AM »

I'd imagine its a subtle homage to Kirk Alyn who was one of, if not the earliest person to portray Superman in live action. Kirks costume in the movie serials which you can read about on this site had a that kind of effect on the sleeves. Heck the costume itself may have even been wool or something.

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2005, 04:46:49 AM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
Quote from: "Great Rao"

Yes, he has it there as well, but his super-suit was also in pretty bad shape at the end there.

We saw in Kingdom that he had the whole E-2 city of Metropolis trapped in there with him, so he must have just gotten an alternate suit from his apartment.

What I want to know is, someone whispered "her" into his ear - to whom was that referring?

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L