superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes Newton<Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:57:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC #1 - At last they return  (Read 106064 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2005, 05:35:26 AM »

Power Girl?
the new Supergirl?

One of those two, I would guess.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2005, 05:54:45 AM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"
Quote from: "Super Monkey"

That's not a sweater, he's just got cuffs on his Superman suit.  And he had those same cuffs back in DC Comics Presents Annual #1, "Crisis on Three Earths."  He probably also had them in "Crisis on Infinite Earths," but I don't have my copy around to consult.

Maybe it's his special "Crisis" outfit?

Yes, he has it there as well, but his super-suit was also in pretty bad shape at the end there.

We saw in Kingdom that he had the whole E-2 city of Metropolis trapped in there with him, so he must have just gotten an alternate suit from his apartment.

What I want to know is, someone whispered "her" into his ear - to whom was that referring?

S!

Or some "paradise" variation on the Earth-2 Metropolis I gather... given IIRC how old-fashioned that "Daily Star" office looked in "The Kingdom" (vs. the modern facilities I saw in the 80's stories that showed the "Star"). Though if it's the actual Earth-Two Metropolis, guess it'd explain where all those "Star" workers came from...

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2005, 05:58:29 AM »

Quote from: "Johnny Nevada"

Or some "paradise" variation on the Earth-2 Metropolis I gather... given IIRC how old-fashioned that "Daily Star" office looked in "The Kingdom" (vs. the modern facilities I saw in the 80's stories that showed the "Star"). Though if it's the actual Earth-Two Metropolis, guess it'd explain where all those "Star" workers came from...

Here are the pages, if anyone wants to see them:

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/InfiniteCrisis/CapedMan/Kingdom01.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/InfiniteCrisis/CapedMan/Kingdom02.jpg

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2005, 02:23:00 PM »

What I want to know is, someone whispered "her" into his ear - to whom was that referring?

If this turns out to be Supergirl/Power Girl, then this would be about as much of a "touched by an angel" Supergirl as PAD's ever was.  Smiley
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2005, 02:44:30 PM »

Right now there is speculation that the person who J'onn saw in JLA 119 is the Earth-1 Superman

I've been using an issue that was in-contuity to argue that it could very well be the Earth-1 Superman, since it contradicted everything about Alan Moore's story.

Now that things are goinng nuts, he returned.

Rao, I know this issue is BAD.  However, would you please put up DC Comics Presents #97?

It is the one comic that easily contradicts Alan Moore's Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?

If you can't or won't, I understand.

At any rate, DCCP97 takes precedence over Whatever Happened...
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2005, 02:53:48 PM »

I hope the "sweater" or "Crisis suit" doesn't herald the return of awful costumes like Flashdance Supergirl, Harbinger, and super Alexei Luthor.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2005, 03:03:15 PM »

Quote from: "TELLE"
I hope the "sweater" or "Crisis suit" doesn't herald the return of awful costumes like Flashdance Supergirl, Harbinger, and super Alexei Luthor.

What is wrong with Supergirl's Crisis outfit?

Other than the headband of course?  Smiley
DakotaSmith
Supermen of America

The Jackelope of Truth

« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2005, 03:13:33 PM »

My guess is Power Girl, given what's gone on so far in JSA Classified and the cover of Infinite Crisis #2:

Though why the Golden Age Lois Kent is drawn like recent Surreal Life train wreck Janice Dickinson is beyond me ...

Dakota Smith

The Zero Aggression Principle:  "No human being has the right — under any circumstances — to initiate force against another human being, nor to threaten or delegate its initiation."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L