superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "SONG OF THE EARTH!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:24:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old vs. New Superhero Cartoon Songs  (Read 3920 times)
Amalgam
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: October 13, 2005, 03:04:16 AM »

Found a site with samples of all the old superhero songs and intros. It takes you back. Serious collection this guy has. But listen to the tunes and tell me that doesn't take you back to Saturday mornings when you were a kid. Man, I miss those bold openings they had back then. And now 'The Batman' season 2 intro is a throw-back (tribute in one part?) to the old 1966 Batman series. Come on...wouldn't it be cool if the new shows followed those kind of openings again? I say, yes.

http://www.superherocd.com/
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 03:14:51 AM »

I like Teen Titans'.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 04:01:47 AM »

Kinda', I guess...

Being an old traditionalist I have to switch gears here, I kind of like the newer songs, at least over the 60s...
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 02:22:37 PM »

Quote from: "TELLE"
I like Teen Titans'.

It picks up right where the Powerpuff Girls ending song trails off.  Smiley

(Speaking of which -- no Powerpuff Girls on those CDs?  For shame!)
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 04:33:51 PM »

Having a really bold opening song that is made just for that show (as opposed to just grafting a pop song with lyrics or a title that vaugely fits) seems to be a lost art in america.

Much more so than in america you still have opening songs in Japanese shows. One of the things that got me turned onto japanese henshin-hero shows were the catchy opening songs. My favorites being Let's Go Rider Kick from Kamen Rider and also Kamen Rider Black and Kamen Rider Kuuga.

But even there the trend to just slap a pop song on it has become vouge in recent years. Sometimes though, they are at least smart about the pop songs they choose or they'll contract a group to write a song for the show and intended to be about the show while still able to stand on it's own as a single. So while the title of the show may not be in the song, the song and the lyrics will still fit.

Back to America, I dig the Teen Titans OP as well. I also really like the JLU opening even if I have problems with the show sometimes. Sometimes a good opening doesn't need lyrics just a very distinctive sound that totally puts you in the shows mood and frame of mind.

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L