superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:31:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Movie Questions  (Read 13394 times)
Daily planet Janitor
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2004, 02:11:03 PM »

Look, I like the idea of continuity and all. But the focus of the new movie w/Brandon Routh should be on the phantom Zone Criminals in Jail Scheming to get their powers back and try to rule the world again...

Also...Work it in so that Non could speak. Have it work out this way...

Have it revealed that Non was sucker-punched in the neck by zod back on krypton. (unknown to ursa and to non, who got it from behind so he doesn't know) to make him mute...save for his grunts and his necessity to look for Zod's Guidance, in destroying things.

Zod did this because Non (child like) F 'ed up on something deserving that.

Zod then comes back sees Non holding his neck, makes up some story about evil insurgents doing it. Non believes it ('cuz he's stupid anyway)

then, Ursa, thinking that Non got mute some other way (according to zod, who she trusts and believes...)is the reson why she hates all men.

All this time Non believes one story, ursa believes another about how Non got mute.

I mean you'd think by now Ursa would've killed Non and Zod because of her hatred for all men, right? Wrong!

Because Non is Actually Ursa's brother. (although NOT Revelaed in the previous movies except for this one) She may have gotten him chemically neutered, but doesn't kill him.

She finds out because somehow Non finds himself glued to a television set, watching some kiddie show teaching kids how to sound out words...hence he learns to speak again, they start talking to each other and find that they got two diffrent stories from Zod. they both determine Zod did it.

Zod comes back kills Non, ready to let loose on ursa (how he got his powers back, i dunno) (but she gets them secondly)

and BLAMMO. URSA lets loose on ZOD
like hell hath no fury...leaving most of (insert major city here) in great big piles of u-no-what

And Zod is half to 3/4's  dead, Ursa has busted up knuckles, and a cut lip and black eye...but still looks sexy. and sexy beating the sh!t outta zod

and Ursa turns good...for a little while...I mean the only other superbeing on the planet is Clark, and Ursa thinks to herself....Well seemed to have a bigger *SHOE SIZE* (ahem!) So goes off to eliminate any competition from getter her hands on some SUPER-NOOKY!

It's just a thought from the Daily planet Janitor...

And in another plot twist...previously unearthed from pinewood studios...which has yet to see the light of day...

It is revealed that instead of the "Jor-El kills himself restoring Superman's powers" as donner filmed for S2....Lester may have secretly filmed another sequence that would have brought the now long dead Jor-El and Lara back to life...and into the continutiy again.

reports of Marlon Brando's Foot-dragging work ethics and lawsuits against the salkinds for getting two perfomances outta one paycheck ASIDE....the sequence that lester quite possibly have filmed might have been this.

Returning to the fotress our now battered, and humble-pie-eating clark finds Dad and begs for his powers back.

and dad, in his naturally stoic and clergistically sad way says..."go F yourself"

"but Dad! the villians are here on earth now...they've taken over the world...And i need my powers back"

and dad in turn says (in his ...way) "Boy you F'ed up big time didn't you?!

"But DaaaaaaD!"

"Alright, alright, FINE! Have your powers back if you must.."

and he gives hima hug (because even when they F up Dads still love their kids) Puts both hands on his shoulders looks him square in the eye (trying not to wince at his face, 'cuz that bully really to' it up!) and says "I restore to you your powers" .....

drum roll...and we cut shot to Jor-El's RIGHT FOOT raised up...ready to give Kal-El his powers back in a manner that will make KAL NEVER Disobey him again (for the changing-human-history, AND for giving up his powers...and all for LOIS...)

(BTW Jor-EL never really liked Lois...thought Kal was too good for her)

Just as he is about to make clark SUPER-GELDING (for obvious reasons)
LARA steps in and says "You will restore his powers in a more... APPROPRAITE manner"

So Jor-El...knowing he's gonna get cut off any nooky IF he continues...relents. Says "Fine!" Takes the palm of his hand smacks it on poor Kal's Head (which makes him fall to the ground around the busted up console...cut back to donner footage)

See...the whole time Clark's got his eyes closed. waiting to be imbued with his powers again. for all he knows these are just elaborate recordings that his father made to instruct him...

and the story's truth, ALMOST ALL of it is...except the fact that Jor-EL and Lara are now residing in the fortress.

Thank you to the Great RAO, they have been spirited to the fortess and now trapped there as ghosts...having to haunt the place.

they don't want Clark to know that though...because your kida will have to go on without you after death. And who the hell wants to constantly clean up their kids' f-ups on and on into eternity?! So...they let him think it's the recordings doing and saying all that....

the idea behind all this...
Superman's trapped as Clark, having to play a buffoon with glasses for a "normal" life and wanting to give up his powers bacuse its a curse to any REAL relationship with LOIS....and Jor-EL and lara are trapped inside the fortress Having to pretend thier recordings, because they dont want that super-brat of theirs to get too clingy... Lois is trapped because of her affections for Superman...

the only people that are free are the phantom Zone Villians...but on a deception as you might read in my earlier post.

No one is really free, everyone is frustrated with their present situations (and the villians are getting bored ruling all they survey (before lex steps in))

I mean, Remeber...Superman was created by two Jewish kids in Cleveland, OH of all places back in 1933...right?

This is the best way to redo the film so good...that even the light bulb in woody allen's head will finally light up and he says "OY Vey!"

Just another thought from the Janitor at the Daily Planet.

Gotta get back to work now!  hope Kent don't spill my bucket this time.
Spaceman Spiff
Superman Family

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2004, 02:30:19 AM »

Quote from: "Super Fan"
- How is Superman able to turn back time by flying around the world? How did he know he had this power and why did he never use it before?
If he could turn back time why didn't he just go back enough to stop Lex from launching the missiles in the first place?

nightwing is quite correct that Superman can't reverse time, but I think the intention was to show Superman traveling backwards through time. Think about it, if Superman is traveling backwards through time, the Earth would appear (to him) to slow, stop, then reverse its rotation. Likewise, when he returned to the normal timestream (in the past, of course), the Earth would appear (again, to him) to slow, stop, and resume its proper rotation. Unfortunately, the film didn't provide an explanation for this, and the impression was that Superman reversed time. Imagine an earlier scene where Professor Potter or some geek at STAR Labs tells Superman, "I theorize that if you flew around the Earth counterclockwise at 732 jillion times the speed of light, you could break the time barrier and travel into the past!" Now, duly informed, the audience would know that Supes will get to try this before the credits roll.

Okay, that being said, the idea that Superman could change what had already occurred is hooey! Lois was dead, dead, dead! So there!

Yeah, but they filmed it and there it is. Superman showed up before Lois took the fatal test drive. So how come the ground didn't open up and swallow the car after Lois got out of it?! And why didn't earlier Superman (the one originally scheduled to appear in this time slot) show up a few minutes later?!? And if he didn't, how did he know to go do the break-the-time-barrier trick so that he could already be there rescuing Lois?!?! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! Not only has Superman broken the time barrier, he's broken the very concept of causality!!! Effects are now independent of causes! Why, some of these words are actually appearing on my monitor before I touch the keyboard! Thanks for shredding the fabric of time-and-space, Superman!

Time travel is an intriguing concept, but it is rarely done well. The various Star Trek series have abused the idea on a semi-regular basis. And they always ignore causality -- how/why did someone from a future (that will never happen) come back to prevent that future?

For some good time-travel stories, try Mixed Doubles by Daniel da Cruz, After the Fact by Fred Saberhagen, and Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams.

Superman comics, at least during the Silver/Bronze Age, usually tried to protect causality by saying "Thou shalt not change the past, no matter how hard thou tryest."

On another point, I never understood why the super-fight in Times Square (SII) involved manhole covers, buses, and lightpoles. Didn't these people realize that the hardest things they could hit with were there own fists? Sheesh!

Don't even get me started on "Why did Superman have to lose his powers to love Lois?" But Kal-El10 did have the right answer about how he got them back:

Quote from: "Kal-El10"
The green crystal, which in the 1st film was shown to be the main power for the Fortress wasn't in place when he used the machine to take his powers. Lois had dropped it aside earlier.

The bottom line is that the movies were a different interpretation of Superman than the 1970s comics. Too bad the filmmakers didn't consult with Julie, Nelson, Elliot, and Cary.
ManSinha
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2004, 05:56:59 AM »

Think that green cyrstal was something akin to gold kryptonite? Except that with gold-K it is usually a one way trip

MK
Spaceman Spiff
Superman Family

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2004, 05:53:22 PM »

Well, I never thought of the crystal as being like kryptonite at all. Remember, the green crystal was the one Clark found, carried to the Arctic, and threw into the horizon causing the Fortress to appear. Apparently, it told him to do this. (Yikes! Superman is hearing voices that tell him what to do!) And he seems to gain his full powers at this time, although we had already seen super-strength and super-speed before this.

So, Lois left the green crystal out of place, then Superman de-powered himself (which also destroyed the Fortress). But since the green crystal was not destroyed, Clark was able to re-build the Fortress and re-power himself. I know, I know, it doesn't follow any logic, but I'm just explaining it. I didn't write it.

Another big plot hole: when Superman de-powers himself, it obviously is painful, but when he tricks the PZVs, they don't feel any pain. We could make up an explanation for this, but the simple one is the filmmakers goofed.
ManSinha
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2004, 12:44:16 AM »

The physical change was symbolic as well. When Kal-El removed his powers he emerged from the tube as Clark Kent. Not so the PZ folks...but then a nitpick maybe that they didn't have civilian identities. Nevertheless they should have changed someway, but I guess, that would have given the surprise away.

MK
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L