superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:25:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A discrepancy in DC 1,000,000  (Read 4033 times)
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« on: October 28, 2005, 11:01:55 AM »

I noticed something about Superman 1000000. He loses his Force Vision here:

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/374/superman1000000036ek.jpg

Yet how is he protecting himself and Arsenal in these two following pages?

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/8440/superman1000000045tb.jpg

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/1706/superman1000000050vp.jpg

Looks like Force Vision to me. Thoughts?

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 04:13:28 PM »

It looks to me like he just wrapped his cape and body around Arsenal and then let himself crash land while richocheting off a bunch of buildings.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 11:26:38 PM »

Really? That red glowing stuff around them is a cape? Smiley

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 11:42:35 PM »

Yeah, that red aura does look like the force vision of the first scan.

Two possibilities occur to me:

1) His force vision was not completely exhausted so he had enough vestigial power to make that short-range aura but not enough for a proper safe landing cushion as he originally intended.  It must be noted that not only did he think the power was exhausted but we see no effect coming from his eyes to generate this aura, so, let's go to ....

2) The aura is him extending his inherited Kryptonian aura which protects objects close to him from harm.  The first Superman had deliberately done the same thing to protect Doctor Metropolis from being killed by a bomb blast.

Either way, he was obviously projecting an aura of some kind to dampen their fall.  If we take him at his word that his force vision was exhausted, as in completely exhausted, and we see no evidence he's using his eyes to project this field, then I lean towards #2 above.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 01:20:10 AM »

In the case of number 2, I just think it's odd that it would be manifest visibly.

lonewolf23k
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 04:18:03 AM »

Well, just because his Force-projecting vision doesn't work, doesn't mean he's completly without Force-related powers..
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 12:56:40 PM »

He's a genius to the power of 10 Einstein units.  I'm sure he had contingency plans.  Smiley  And I could easily believe that there was some other power that wasn't spoken of explicitly.  It's rare that Superman would need to have a force field to give him additional protection, so he doesn't discuss it much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L