superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:26:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is Smallville and Where is Metropolis on the Map?  (Read 33245 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2005, 05:47:29 AM »

Quote from: "Gangbuster Thorul"
My sister was watching my Max Fleischer cartoons yesterday, and caught this:

In the cartoon called "The Electric Earthquake" we learn that Indians are bad people, but really good at science. Being of Native American descent yet good at science, I joked my sister about the fact that all Indians also travel up and down in a tube...what, she didn't have one?

Anyway, she caught this: The Indian blew up lots of building surrounding the Daily Planet, before Superman stopped the machine. At the end of the cartoon, the Daily Planet headline was "Superman saves Manhattan from an Indian." Ok, it actually says "Superman saves Manhattan" and then something else.

In one of my classes, I decided to show that cartoon as the quintessential Superman Cartoon. Smiley

It had brilliant animation, great action, sweet technology, and a politically incorrect villain. It captured the era better than any other Superman cartoon.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Psybertrack
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2005, 06:01:24 AM »

Back in those days everybody was politically incorrect except for Chiun. He hated everybody equally! (You know, Remo Williams/ The Destroyer book series[by Richard Sapir and Warren Murphy]  has a Korean character named Chiun who is Remo's teacher and Master of the ancient mart9ap art of sinanju.)

Gettting back to Smallville and Metropolis.
In the WB tv series "Smallville" with teen-Clark, we have a small back water Kansas town which is within 70 miles of Metropolis which could be in KS or a neighboring state.

But in the comics of 2005, Smallville is in Kansas somewhere and Metropolis is someplace in the North Eastern United States Coast. As far as I can tell for story purposes most writers treat Metropolis as vaguely near NY city except when it's convenient not to.
It's never a problem since Superman can fly back and forth in less than 30 seconds or less.

Remember : wherever you go , there you are.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L