superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:52:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inspirational Superman Panels?  (Read 6363 times)
Anonymous
« on: October 31, 2005, 01:41:13 AM »

Hey, just wondering which superman panels have u found the most inspirational.  I'm doing a college app essay on superman and it asks for a picture in the prompt.  So I was wondering what have been some superman panels that have inspired you?  I'm particularly looking for panels that have to deal with how there's a hero in all of us, about persevering, etc.  but anything inspirational will do. thx in advance!

Looking for stuff like this:
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 02:04:12 AM »

While not exactly a comic image, this might work:

http://www.capedwonder.com/index_files/dreams.jpg

EDIT: made it a link - S! Monkey
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 02:21:12 AM »

Folks, Jim Bowers has expended an inordinate amount of effort on creating and making available his Superman/Chris Reeve images at capedwonder.com.

He also states on his site:  "All content is Copyright ŠJim Bowers 2005, and may not be printed, published, or used on any website in any form without prior written permission."

His wishes should be respected, so I'm going to ask that none of his images be used inline, but that we instead post links to the page(s) they appear on at capedwonder.com

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 03:14:34 AM »

Doh!  I didn't realize that.  Apologies to all.  I didn't actually see this first on Caped Wonder, for that matter, so I'll let someone else know about this.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 02:31:13 AM »

Just a quick note for the poster of the original question in this thread:

Due to a technical flub that I made, this post may not actually have been made by 'Diuretic'.  If you asked the question about inspirational panels and your usename isn't 'Diuretic,' please speak up, and re-register if you need to.

Thanks and sorry - first time something like this may (or may not) have happened. :?

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
GeorgeKirk
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 03:56:42 AM »

This, of course, is from the "Last Days of Superman" story when Superman thinks he's dying. Definitely one of the most inspirational panels ever.
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 09:28:24 AM »

I have found many of the panels featuring Superman's girlfriends inspiring!

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 09:56:10 AM »

Many people with nasty ex's would find this inspiring I'm sure. :lol:

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L