superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe SUNSTONEHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:47:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inspirational Superman Panels?  (Read 6156 times)
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 11:40:16 AM »

I suspect you could scan most anything from Dini/Ross's "Superman: Peace on Earth" (a.k.a. Superman IV done better) and it'd fit the bill, here.
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2005, 02:09:52 PM »

The last page of MAN OF STEEL #1.

"It'll be a job for Superman!". When I first saw it, I became a Super fan for life. It was the triumph of the pure hero in a world of dark and gritty comics.

Superman defeats Euphor. He faced his worst tragedy to defeat an enemy... Only a great hero could do this.

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
BMK!
Superman Family

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2005, 08:44:33 PM »

The last three panels of Action Comics #775, "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way?", after Superman has defeated the Elite (an Authority knockoff) and has his final words with their leader, Manchester Black...

Black: "SO LONG AS A HEART BEATS IN MY CHEST, I'LL COME AFTER YOU, YOU PONCY TWIT! If you think this is over, you're living in a bloody dream world!"

Superman[fixing what's left of his cape]: "You know what, Black...?"

Superman: "I wouldn't have it any other way."

Superman: "Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul, I swear...until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share...

...I'll never stop fighting.

Ever."
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2005, 08:47:19 PM »

Another great inspirational panel was when Superman talked Major Disaster into reforming.  I think it was titled "The Gift" or "The Choice".  Was it in Action Comics?

Major Disaster just kind of cried in shame over what he'd been and was so grateful for a second chance to make things right.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L