superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:22:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supermanica Volume Two?  (Read 3733 times)
Kal's Pal
Superman Emergency Squad

« on: November 08, 2005, 12:00:32 AM »

Hey all, just thinking about our beloved Supermanica after my prolonged abscence from the forums, and I was just thinking, why not maybe turn this into a resource for all kinds of Superman fans? ...Perhaps approach those in charge of the 'Superman Homepage' with the idea of doing a volume 2 for Supermanica which includes the Post-Crisis Superman elements, but still done in the tradition of 'The Great Superman Book'.

I understand many of you around don't appreciate a lot of the Post-Crisis Superman material, but 'Volume 2' could be seperate from the Pre-Crisis Supermanica, and supervised by Post-Crisis Superman fans... and then both could then exist independently alongside each other to be a wonderful resource for Supes' 60+ year history.

"Fellow scientists! Krypton is DOOMED!"
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 12:13:02 AM »

How about NO.

Unless you want to start it and pay for it yourself and mod it and make most of the entries. I don't know if Rao would let you use the name though, but there are MANY source books for Post-Crisis Superman, so just go read one of them. DC seems to put out a new one all the time.

There is no need for it.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 03:27:24 AM »

Besides which, the wikipedia is basically a post-Crisis DC shill.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 04:27:21 AM »

I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea in theory, and if the post-infinite-crisis-verse is palatable, it might even be worth considering.  might.  Maybe we could just skip over the 1986-2006 part... :wink:

But Telle is right - Wikipedia is already an abridged pre-and-post-crisis DC encyclopedia.  What would be gained by us duplicating it all?  Plus I believe that the Superman Homepage already gives a pretty complete post-boot rundown.

Besides, filling out the pre-1986 stuff is probably going to take a looooooonng time and aside from a handful of rare exceptions, I'm not really interested in learning more about the post-1986 Superman.  For me, Supermanica is also an educational endeavour - I want to learn more about the pre-crisis Superman stories; and I want to help make that information widely available.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Kal's Pal
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 05:42:30 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
How about NO.

Unless you want to start it and pay for it yourself and mod it and make most of the entries. I don't know if Rao would let you use the name though, but there are MANY source books for Post-Crisis Superman, so just go read one of them. DC seems to put out a new one all the time.

There is no need for it.

That's a fair and very valid point of the there being resources there for the Post-Crisis Superman already. (And I didn't suggest for a second Rao himself had to put up the money for a possible 'volume two' of Supermanica).

Kal's Pal
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 05:44:33 PM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"
For me, Supermanica is also an educational endeavour - I want to learn more about the pre-crisis Superman stories; and I want to help make that information widely available.

Indeed! ...fair point, though I feel it is something worth considering way, waaaaay down the line when Supermanica is more fully complete. ...But absoloutly, writing entries on the Pre-Crisis Supes is a hugely enjoyable experience considering there isn't a lot of resources already out there for it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L