superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe ADVENTURES of SUPERBOY!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:00:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre Crisis -> Post Crisis -> Post Infinite Crisis?  (Read 21122 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2005, 08:10:09 PM »

There are an Infinite amount of earths in one Multiverse, and there are an Infinite amount of Multiverses. Wrap your minds around that one. Smiley

Grant Morrsion's ill fated Hypercrisis was going to state just that, but it never got off the ground.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2005, 09:06:23 PM »

Cool, Super Monkey!

Here's a page from a site devoted to Hypertime where the theory is more explicitly described:
http://www.geocities.com/hypertime2000/features/theory/index.html

It basically says what you said Morrison said.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2005, 10:05:14 PM »

say what Wink

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Maximara
Superman Family

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2005, 03:10:30 PM »

Quote from: "Gernot"
Quote from: "DoctorZero"
Well, COIE combined the different earths DC had.  Infinite Crisis isn't going to split them from what I've read and heard.  Changes will be instituted to various characters and each book except Superman, Batman, Action and Detective will start with new #1's.  So I don't think IC is going to be regarded as changing as much.

No, no, no!!!  COIE did NOT combine the different Earths!  All it did was shift our attention from the E-1 Multiverse to a NEW universe.  We didn't even KNOW it at the time.  

Just like comics fans didn't know that DC shifted from the Golden Age Earth to the Earth-1 until much later.  

Wink

The merged Earth at the end of COIE is a different Earth than the Earth on which Man Of Steel takes place upon, which is different than that of Birthright.    

There is STILL an Earth-2 that was UNTOUCHED by the COIE.  The Multiverse was simply TOO BIG for the Anti-Monitor to realize that.  For every Earth-1 he destroyed, FIVE of them survived!

Quite right. In fact we the readers knwo one Earth excaped Crisis - Earth-B the earth where DC Challenge took place concurant with Crisis.
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2005, 07:02:26 PM »

If there is still an Earth-2 untouched by Crisis, there must also still be an Earth-1. Which begs the question...what will we find there, once we see it again?

A lot of fans believe that "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" really happened. Imaginary stories may or may not happen...one of them may have. In fact, Loeb even showed us that Superman in the Superman/Batman arc.

So, was that Earth-1, or an alternate timeline that split off Earth-1, re: hypertime?

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

dto
Action Ace

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2005, 07:30:10 PM »

Gangbuster Thorul, somewhere on the Internet is/was a fanfiction site that had as its main premise that the Five Worlds are still in the Netherverse patiently waiting for their heroes (and villains) to return from that epic battle at the Dawn of Time.  By now most of the secret identities have been uncovered -- it didn't take long for those investigating the missing Clark Kent to find evidence linking him to Superman, and Alfred finally told all after a year of silent soul-searching.

A fascinating idea, but I don't know if this was seriously pursued by the original fanfiction writers.  One might imagine Supergirl's Gold-Kryptonite depowered clone having a daughter, which would be half-Kryptonian and just now developing superpowers in her mid-teens.  (Gold-Kryptonite's effects were apparently not passed down to the next generation.)  This new Supergirl would then be the first Post-Crisis "New Gen" superheroine in the Netherverse, and possibly the first able to travel between the Five Earths.  A lot of potential stories there...

DTO
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2005, 07:44:22 PM »

Quote from: "dto"
Gangbuster Thorul, somewhere on the Internet is/was a fanfiction site that had as its main premise that the Five Worlds are still in the Netherverse patiently waiting for their heroes (and villains) to return from that epic battle at the Dawn of Time.  By now most of the secret identities have been uncovered -- it didn't take long for those investigating the missing Clark Kent to find evidence linking him to Superman, and Alfred finally told all after a year of silent soul-searching.

A fascinating idea, but I don't know if this was seriously pursued by the original fanfiction writers.  One might imagine Supergirl's Gold-Kryptonite depowered clone having a daughter, which would be half-Kryptonian and just now developing superpowers in her mid-teens.  (Gold-Kryptonite's effects were apparently not passed down to the next generation.)  This new Supergirl would then be the first Post-Crisis "New Gen" superheroine in the Netherverse, and possibly the first able to travel between the Five Earths.  A lot of potential stories there...

I haven't heard of that exact fanfic premise.  I did however hear of this one:

Five Earths Project- http://www.geocities.com/the5earths/home.htm

As to Kara's Gold-K depowered clone in 5 Earths Project, the powers were returned to her after Lesla Lar merged with the clone.  Lesla became a hero and due to the wierdness of her powers, she has energy powers on Rokyn and is th epremire hero of Rokyn known as Valor.  Lydia-7 is now the new Supergirl of Earth 1.

At any rate, as long as the universe of the Nail is existant, the multiverse does exist in some way.
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2005, 03:01:06 AM »

Think of it THIS way:  There are about 9 different actors who portrayed Superman over the years (not counting the different animated styles and radio shows).  

I always liked to think of them all much like Earth-1, Earth-2, etc.  

Each Superman IS about as different as all of the actors who've portrayed Superman are, and yet they were/are all the same.  .

Think of it THIS way. Each actor is/was Superman, yet they were all a different Superman.

They were all the same character, but different actors.

http://www.angelfire.com/mo3/gernot0/PAGES/Actors.html

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L