superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:22:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre Crisis -> Post Crisis -> Post Infinite Crisis?  (Read 21187 times)
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2005, 04:36:16 AM »

Gernot wrote:

Think of it THIS way: There are about 9 different actors who portrayed Superman over the years (not counting the different animated styles and radio shows).

I always liked to think of them all much like Earth-1, Earth-2, etc.

-----------------------------------

Gernot, I once half-jokingly suggested that there were "Subset Earths" based on Earth-1 and Earth-2.  A few were:

Earth-2F(leischer)  Home of the early animated adventures.

Earth-2N(ewspaper)  The daily comics Superman stories.

Earth-2S(erial)  The world portrayed by Kirk Alyn, Noel Neill and Lyle Talbot.

Earth-2T(elevision)  The Adventures of Superman George Reeves.  
Note that Earth-2T is VERY similar in certain aspects to Earth-2S -- Lois Lane is virtually IDENTICAL!   :wink:

Earth-1C(inema)  The 1980s Christopher Reeve and Helen Slater version of the S-Family.  (Meanwhile, Michael Keaton lurks in Gotham City.)

Earth-1F(ilmation)  The Saturday morning cartoon adventures of Superman, not to be confused with Earth-1HB (for Hanna-Barbara), home of the Super Friends.   Tongue

Earth-1T(elevision)  The Adventures of Superboy Gerald Christopher.
Note that Earth-1T lasted at least to 1992, well past the Crisis.

Earth Sigma-T(elevision)  The Post-Reboot (and Pre-Zero Hour) land of Lois and Clark.

Earth Zero-T(elevision)  The Post-Reboot Earth-Zero world of Smallville.

And the strangest DC Universe world of all -- Earth-H(ostess), where superheroes foil villains with tasty snack cakes!   :wink:

DTO
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2005, 04:58:50 AM »

DTO, I'm REALLY glad others feel the same way about the various Supermans (Supermen?) in the media as I!  Cheesy  

Don't you DARE forget the Superman of Earth-1-B(rady)K(ids), though!   :lol:   (THAT one is VERY similar to the Earth-1F(ilmation), though he WAS different!  He actually appeared on a different network!)  

And THEN there was also the Superman from the newspaper strips of the 1960's, and don't forget the Superman from the World's Greatest Heroes Strip (also Superman).  

Man!  That's a LOT of Supermen (Supermans?) to keep track of!  :lol:

Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2005, 10:07:18 AM »

I haven't really been following this, but I did read the giant-sized hoopla that came out a few months ago, in which they had Blue Beetle shot. They had Blue Beetle shot! By Rao, isn't anything sacred?

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2005, 04:11:19 PM »

Not on THIS particular Earth, Permanus!  

Hey, welcome to these boards, my friend!  

Anyway, if you'd like to know what's going on after Blue Beetle got shot, go to http://www.dccomics.com and go to DC's message boards.  Go to "Infinite Crisis" and you'll be able to read all of the messages within.  If you want to post any questions there, you'll have to register, but it's free, just as this great board is!  Wink  

Anyway, I'm gonna havta start referring to myself as the Superman of Earth-Gernot!   :lol:

Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2005, 09:28:58 AM »

Thanks for the welcome, Gernot! I followed your advice and went to the message board, and was slightly dismayed to find that DC seem to have been getting up to mass slaughter since the last time I checked (I no longer buy comics that regularly). I am also rather confused by a comment made by one of the posters, viz. that the ghost of Kara Zor-El now acts as a "spiritual advisor" to Linda Danvers. Huh? Someone's been dropping the brown acid tabs...

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Anonymous
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2005, 01:52:18 AM »

Quote from: "Permanus"
Thanks for the welcome, Gernot! I followed your advice and went to the message board, and was slightly dismayed to find that DC seem to have been getting up to mass slaughter since the last time I checked (I no longer buy comics that regularly). I am also rather confused by a comment made by one of the posters, viz. that the ghost of Kara Zor-El now acts as a "spiritual advisor" to Linda Danvers. Huh? Someone's been dropping the brown acid tabs...

linda danver's isn't around anymore either..
and someone else please explain that particular supergirl to him please because my heads already exploded once today.
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2005, 04:34:31 PM »

Quote from: "sikkbones"
and someone else please explain that particular supergirl to him please because my heads already exploded once today.

Don't bother; I've been looking it up. I still don't understand any of it, mind you, but I suppose it's like bebop: "Man, if you hafta ask the question, then you ain't going to understand the answer".

Anonymous
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2005, 12:17:05 AM »

Quote from: "Permanus"
Quote from: "sikkbones"

Don't bother; I've been looking it up. I still don't understand any of it, mind you, but I suppose it's like bebop: "Man, if you hafta ask the question, then you ain't going to understand the answer".

linda danver's is still better than crack ho britney zor-el.
get that girl some food.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L