superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonSUPER FRIENDS DVD!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:35:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC#2 - those last pages are something -lots of spoilers here  (Read 33718 times)
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2005, 09:46:36 PM »

That doesn't matter when you're talking about the universe being rebooted from the Dawn of Time.  When history itself has been reworked from the Big Bang, being killed in the present is meaningless.

Go watch the Back to the Future trilogy for a recent popularization of this idea.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2005, 12:46:08 AM »

Sadly I have to agree.  It looks like they're making the Earth 2 Superman the villain in this story--the man who wants to erase the entire earth out of existance just to save his dying wife.  Since he broke out of the dimension they were in, I fear the only way DC can get rid of him is to have him die.
Now, which Luthor is the "real" Luthor?

nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2005, 01:13:45 PM »

i'm thinking the revelation of a slaughtered family from an alternate universe will drive bats batty and kal-l will inadvertanly cause batman to go to arkham.

I've got two problems with that:

(1) A lot of people in Batman's world have been killed and he hasn't been put in the nuthouse yet...why would he care more about people from another reality?

(2) I hardly think we need an earth-shaking trauma to explain why modern Batman would be a candidate for Arkham.  He should have been stuck in there years ago.  I'll sign the papers myself, it it helps.

This looks like a job for...
Anonymous
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2005, 06:26:19 PM »

anyone think we might see this cover repeated in the near future?

Please click the link to see the cover
http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/comics101/images/2005/nov8/infsupes.jpg
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2005, 08:38:27 PM »

New Article:

WHO'S THAT (POWER) GIRL: EXPLAINING POWER GIRL'S HISTORY
by Troy Brownfield

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=c25d2c88b25b96be027ca8c717f47df2&threadid=49009

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2005, 11:29:45 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Kal"
Dangit, Kuuga!  That sounds very possible.  That sounds too possible.

I hope you're wrong.

So do I, brother. So do I.

But something stinks about this whole scenario.

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
Maximara
Superman Family

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2005, 03:01:39 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
I didn't I have erm.. guerrilla forces, working for me on the inside. :wink:

There is a catch!

More happen than just that.

1st Earth-2 Superman meet Powergirl and told her that he was her cousin but he thought of her of more of a daughter. She then held his hand and all of her memories of Earth-2 pre-crisis came rushing back to her.

Also Powergirl and the new Supergirl's heartbeat were synchronized.

Earth-2 Superman told her that his wife Lois is dying, and he needs to bring back the old Earth and get rid of the Iron Age Earth in order for her to live, and there is the catch.

That sounds very disturbingly like Hal Jordan when he was Parallax.  Never mind it fail to deal with the fact that Hypertime seems to include a myrid of Earth like the Pre-Crisis DCU did. The only thing is asside for a few exceptions (Matrix) you cannot remain in a reality outside your own for very long.  We know from the Black Zero saga that something very much like the Silver Age Superboy's world exist and there was Golden Age another Hypertimeline.

So exactly what is Kal-L think he is doing? Or has Parallax found a new plaything?
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2005, 02:36:55 AM »

Here is a brand new funny detailed review of issue #2:

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=1c05d722e1bf7754a24b36b37cac5d9a&threadid=49141

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L