superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:51:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC#2 - those last pages are something -lots of spoilers here  (Read 32957 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: November 09, 2005, 02:41:31 PM »

What happens in the final page this time?

Superman of Earth-2:

"...But i realized we saved the wrong earth"

"This corrupted and darkened Earth must be forgotten as ours was..."

"...So that the right Earth can return"

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 05:25:31 PM »

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm............Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 06:39:39 PM »

Sounds good to me!  I hope DC lets him pull it off.

Beppo, I thought you weren't going to be reading IC.  Did you change your mind?

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 07:31:51 PM »

I didn't I have erm.. guerrilla forces, working for me on the inside. :wink:

There is a catch!

More happen than just that.

1st Earth-2 Superman meet Powergirl and told her that he was her cousin but he thought of her of more of a daughter. She then held his hand and all of her memories of Earth-2 pre-crisis came rushing back to her.

Also Powergirl and the new Supergirl's heartbeat were synchronized.

Earth-2 Superman told her that his wife Lois is dying, and he needs to bring back the old Earth and get rid of the Iron Age Earth in order for her to live, and there is the catch. What is his true motive, to save Lois or to save the current heroes from themselves and make this world better.

He didn't say how he planed on doing this. Guess we shall get clues in #3.

speaking of which, Jim Lee's cover to #3 : http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/InfiniteCrisis/INCRLeeCv3.jpg

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 07:33:36 PM »

This just makes suspicious they're gonna pull something where Earth 2 Superman is technically the villan of the peice because he wants to change the world from what it is now.

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 07:35:33 PM »

Exactly!

That said school Batman fans may wait to take a deep breath before checking out that cover Smiley

It also might give a big clue as to where DC is going with this, which is what I feared from the start, if that is who I think it is.

- Elliot S! Maggin
King Krypton
Superman Family

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 07:42:10 PM »

Quote from: "Kuuga"
This just makes suspicious they're gonna pull something where Earth 2 Superman is technically the villan of the peice because he wants to change the world from what it is now.

That's exactly what a lot of people think. They think the Earth-2 Superman has either cracked or is a tool of the Anti-Monitor. And not surprisingly, the Iron Age fanboys are hoping this leads to the post-Crisis Superman taking the Earth-2 Superman down in battle.

Pretty much everyone is of accord on the outcome: They strongly believe the Earth-2 Superman will die. So again, anyone hoping the DCU will get its act together after this probably shouldn't hold their breath.

My first novella, Wounds of the Heart (http://www.booksurge.com/product.php3?bookID=IMPR02655-00001), has been published. Check it out, if you like.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 07:48:01 PM »

Crisis Counseling Session 02

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/InfiniteCrisis/CrisisCOunseling02.htm

- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L