superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:35:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC#2 - those last pages are something -lots of spoilers here  (Read 32967 times)
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 07:54:57 PM »

Dangit, Kuuga!  That sounds very possible.  That sounds too possible.

Johns is supposed to be the character doctor so he hasn't fumbled on this score yet.

But it would be just our luck that he picks E-2 Superman to be his first big screw-up.

I hope you're wrong.

Given the material in IC #1, I see no evidence Kal-L is behind any of the bad stuff.  He's been a passive observer alongside his companions without the ability to affect what he's seeing.  In a sense, it's like they were in the Phantom Zone all that time.  The Pre Crisis E-1 Superman had to break Aethyr's crystal core to escape the zone, so E-2 Superman has done something similar.

Maybe we're all overreacting here.

Maybe the two Supermen will merge to be a better Superman combining the best of both worlds.  The same would go for the rest.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
King Krypton
Superman Family

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 08:09:24 PM »

Q: Looking at the larger picture of Infinite Crisis #1 – how much are you trying to say here? Obviously, there’s the main story of the universe in peril, but at the same time, there are analogies about heroes who’ve forgotten how to be heroes, not to mention – in Batman’s line for instance – the view that perhaps, the last few years of stories haven’t shown Superman in a “heroic” light. Is there some admission of guilt on DC’s part in all of this?

DD:  Let me turn this question back on you.  How haven’t we shown Superman in a “heroic light?”  Has he stopped trying to prevent injustice?  Stood by idly while people’s lives were in jeopardy?  Does he let the villains win?  If, at this moment, he is having difficulty reconciling his personal convictions and his place in the world, then I believe this a personal struggle and not one that makes him less heroic.

How haven't you been showing Superman as heroic? Let's see:

- he's been whiny and self-loathing for years

-he's allowed himself to take such a ridiculous level of spousal abuse that even the Iron Age fanboys started crying foul

- he has no self-confidence and has to rely a shrink for guidance

- he resorts to smashing rocks whenever he gets in a mood

- let himself be brainwashed every 10 seconds

- he's made some really bone-headed decisions (the Vanishing) that haven't done anything to improve his image

No DiDio, you haven't portrayed Superman as heroic. And the few times you have (Trinity, Birthright, New Frontier), you left them to the Iron Age wolves by not supporting or promoting those stories. Otherwise you've poured your resources into Super-Whipped Victim, Super-Whiner, Super-Dunce, and Super-Brat.

This interview tears it. They're really not going to change one single thing after this miniseries is over. Instead of the Iron Age, we're heading into the Gore Age. Especially with the bragging about the corpses in issue #1 being trotted out as trophies on display. I guess Smallville's plans to make Clark/Superman a jealous, petty brat who declares Lex his arch-enemy over who gets Lana aren't such a stretch after all. That sort of ignoble behavior would fit perfectly into the world DC's fashioning. God knows a noble, heroic Superman would never work in today's world....  :roll:

My first novella, Wounds of the Heart (http://www.booksurge.com/product.php3?bookID=IMPR02655-00001), has been published. Check it out, if you like.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 08:14:02 PM »

How come Batmsn; ear now shows through his cowl? What genius came up with THAT one? :roll:
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 08:30:07 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Kal"
Dangit, Kuuga!  That sounds very possible.  That sounds too possible.

Johns is supposed to be the character doctor so he hasn't fumbled on this score yet.

But it would be just our luck that he picks E-2 Superman to be his first big screw-up.

Maybe we're all overreacting here.

Please look at that cover again, let me just say it then, is that suppose to be Batman of Earth-2? Because if it is, he as we know died long before crisis, but that would mean that Superman of Earth-2 is a fake, then again, that could be Robin, since he took over with that wacky costume. Since he is wearing a suit and Jim Lee draws everyone the same, I can't tell.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2005, 08:47:03 PM »

Is who supposed to be the Batman of Earth-2?  The cop with the baby?  If so, he looks pretty young (not that Lee makes E-2 Superman look the right age, mind you) and together with the fact that Catwoman is also young (and hot) I'm guessing the baby would have to be Helena Wayne, meaning this Bruce and Selena have been plucked from the period after Bruce hung up the cowl but well before the 1970s JSA revival.  Of course Dick wasn't wearing that costume at the time.  And did we ever see Bruce wear such a uniform before? I got the impression he hopped straight into the (plainclothes) Commissioner job without coming up through the ranks as Gordon did.

Maybe they're just "ghosts" or conjured up images to make some point to modern Bruce about what his life could have been.  Or maybe they're from another Earth entirely.

At any rate, I still haven't seen or heard anything to convince me to pick up an issue of this book and I'm sure in a few months I'll be glad I saved my money.

This looks like a job for...
Anonymous
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2005, 08:54:58 PM »

Quote from: "nightwing"
Is who supposed to be the Batman of Earth-2?  The cop with the baby?  If so, he looks pretty young (not that Lee makes E-2 Superman look the right age, mind you) and together with the fact that Catwoman is also young (and hot) I'm guessing the baby would have to be Helena Wayne, meaning this Bruce and Selena have been plucked from the period after Bruce hung up the cowl but well before the 1970s JSA revival.  Of course Dick wasn't wearing that costume at the time.  And did we ever see Bruce wear such a uniform before? I got the impression he hopped straight into the (plainclothes) Commissioner job without coming up through the ranks as Gordon did.

Maybe they're just "ghosts" or conjured up images to make some point to modern Bruce about what his life could have been.  Or maybe they're from another Earth entirely.

At any rate, I still haven't seen or heard anything to convince me to pick up an issue of this book and I'm sure in a few months I'll be glad I saved my money.

i'm thinking the revelation of a slaughtered family from an alternate universe will drive bats batty and kal-l will inadvertanly cause batman to go to arkham.
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2005, 08:59:54 PM »

I believe the current Batman isn't really the E-1 Batman but an amalgamated version after the Crisis reworked things.  So, he could be both of his predecessors.  He could have two or more conflicting sets of memories after E-2 Superman contacts him.

We saw something similar in Loeb's Superman/Batman run where the timelines kept changing and Batman had memories of the different lives he'd led at the same time.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Anonymous
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2005, 09:16:12 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Kal"
I believe the current Batman isn't really the E-1 Batman but an amalgamated version after the Crisis reworked things.  So, he could be both of his predecessors.  He could have two or more conflicting sets of memories after E-2 Superman contacts him.

We saw something similar in Loeb's Superman/Batman run where the timelines kept changing and Batman had memories of the different lives he'd led at the same time.

one small problem.. e-2 batman I was dead.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L